Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wandering a maze through stormy weather

I wanted to say something inspiring and earth shattering but of course.
I draw nothing but darkness.
My mind is like a storm, with dark clouds blowing around, not knowing in what direction they will finally stop to rest.

Its the unknown in my head that is giving me this unwanted arousal of emotions.
I cant decipher through the gusts of confusion that keep blustering up, just when things are starting to become more calm.

I used to be able to sit with pen paper and a glass of red in a dimly lit corner of the room. Or I would go out the backyard and express exactly what my head was saying to my Heart or visa versa, it was controlled and unmistakable, right and wrong black and white, it was a reasonably easy task. It was very private, but also very comforting.
My war was over for the the best part of that moment and my paper would be burnt.
Ashes blown into the wind to fly away along with all my pain fears and ever growing feelings of unworthiness. I would be again at Peace.

Now.......... its the Greys, the ifs, the buts and the maybes that plague my brain and then, there begins the war with in myself.

I know its the drugs!!!! my Doctor tells me its the drugs.
The literature tells me its the drugs.
I tell me its the drugs.
BUT......... the drugs tell me its me its all my fault, I should be braver, I should be Happier, I should be coping better, I shouldn't need all these pain meds I should be tougher than this.

Then I am torn...........
my head,
my heart,
my reality and the drug induced agitated state of myself both physically and emotionally gets way to much for me to bear.
Its even harder to convey my feelings as I get tongue tied and lost for words that have any true meaning.

If I cant live with me at the moment, if I cant stand me at the moment, what the hell does everyone else have to put up with.
What am I actually doing to those around me? am I sending them mad as well or is that just in my head.
Do I abandon all hope of trying to recognise reality or do I fight on head first into battle with myself not even knowing if there was any real argument in the first place.

Its a scary uncontrolled test environment.
I feel like a rat in a cage trying to find my way through the maze towards the final prize, the light at the end of the tunnel.

A cure
.

8 Comments:

At 11:29 pm , Blogger poet said...

sending you warm hugs and positive vibes, shazzy.....poet

 
At 5:13 am , Blogger Deb R said...

{{{{{{{{Shaz}}}}}}}}}}

 
At 8:08 am , Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be trying to battle these side effects-questioning what is your mind and what is the drugs.

I can say that infertility drugs have made me feel all you deszcribe and then when off them I feel better. I think it is the drugs honey.

I am dancing for you-feeling happy for your recovery that is happening imagining you walking out of your Dr's office with a clean bill of health.

What joy!

*I don't know if you know that my mothers name was Shazu. How did you come to Shaz? I love it- it was her nickname.

 
At 3:07 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

I know it's hard to make sense of all of it .... when the confusion is overwhelming, put on some soothing music, lay down in bed and just let body, mind and soul rest. Rest dear sis, rest. Lovin' you through the storm. deb

 
At 5:43 pm , Blogger poet said...

sunday morning...shaz- i hope you are feeling better this day. sending you lots of strength and hugs. poet.

 
At 3:19 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Shaz~ I was away from the computer practically the entire weekend, so I am just coming to this....and I know that by now you are in a better head space. Have you tryed writing things down and burning them into the wind as you used to do?

And please do not worry so about what you are doing to those around you. They love and adore you and they realize what is happening. I am sure they know the effect the drugs are having on every part of you. Just remind them you love them and that you are trying...because you are trying...every single day.

Love to you.
xoxoxxo

 
At 3:19 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Shaz~ I was away from the computer practically the entire weekend, so I am just coming to this....and I know that by now you are in a better head space. Have you tryed writing things down and burning them into the wind as you used to do?

And please do not worry so about what you are doing to those around you. They love and adore you and they realize what is happening. I am sure they know the effect the drugs are having on every part of you. Just remind them you love them and that you are trying...because you are trying...every single day.

Love to you.
xoxoxxo

 
At 8:32 am , Blogger Walker said...

Eventually the rat gets out of the maze and its clear sailing after that. The rats only task is to never give up and to push forward because its the right thing to do.
Dead ends are not stops they just eliminate possabilities until you find the right way.

Here By way of Poet
Take care

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home