Saturday, September 30, 2006

Reflections of Time

I looked at my reflection
I had just Brushed my hair
Its a little darker than it used to be
But I dont really care
I look a little closer at the colour of my eyes
Not as bright as i remember
Not as innocent while I stare
Ive never stopped and looked this close
I see further than just there
The older person stareing back at me
Who is she,do I dare
I still see a little girl who used to talk to the mirror when she was alone
She has lines beside her eyes now
She has dark circles underneath
Who are you ................
Who is this woman staring back at me through my young eyes
How quickly time has passed
How strange it feels to look back and forward at the same time
With wonder and amazement of the journey far behind
I love that little girl, through her pain and heartache she stayed True,
True to herself and to heart
She's still thankful for all that is good and forgiving of all that was not
A single tear streams down the cheek of this older woman
Then reaches the corner of my smile
I think I like this older Woman
She tells me im okay
She said that I made her into the older woman that I see today
She said this as were interupted, by a younger voice than mine
I heard her call her mummy
The older woman smiled
I am always here for you she whispered as she waved goodbye
Because I am all I am today........ all because of time.




3 Comments:

At 9:18 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved it your the best but there is one thing you forgot to mention your beatiuful little sister yes me of course haha love yu heaps and i will see you on thursday

 
At 9:24 am , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Such a beautiful poem Shazz.... you are one gorgeous and talented woman... MORE, ANY?? Photos of your fine self please?
Oiw... And I think I may jump today! Eik!
Bx

 
At 9:53 am , Blogger Darlene said...

This was beautiful and a perfect reflection of the soul.

hope there's more to come :)

XxxD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home