Thursday, December 21, 2006

Prayers and me

I almost felt as though I couldn't or didn't have it in me to bother saying how I am or how I went.

Against the advice I gave Deb about her situation compared to mine. (Her Back Surgery To Come)
I told her in an email not to compare situations as each persons problems are unique and individual and in no way worse or better in each of our personal lives.
I told her not to feel as though she shouldn't feel scared and apprehensive as I could empathise with her journey in spite of my own, I am with her and want to be.

I told her that at her present, her situation is indeed huge to her at this present time and a journey worth, with worry and pain sharing and worthy of my prayers and everyone who is sharing HER situation her experiences are real and just as important as some of our own shocking stories.

I only realised how much love and support you all have in your hearts when I read your comments in my short post for Darlene.
You gorgeous people I so Love you.
You all asked how I went and want to know about me also, this really is amazing to me that I have met so many like minded Hearts as much as my heart and prayers are with D I still love to catch up on your own lives. "Bless you all"

I have decided that by posting my last few days would not and can not take away from the tragedy in Dar's family and by telling my last few days I am in no way being disrespectful of their pain and our plight in the power of prayer worldwide for her family.(I hope you agree)

Well I gathered my strength and my babies, I piled them into my truck and headed for Brisbane.
It took just over an hour and we sang and laughed all the way my girls were such a support to me. Ben was at home recovering from Scarlet fever as I mentioned before so my babies and I went it alone.
I went to my sisters house first and received lots of hugs and kisses from my gorgeous nieces and spent a few hours with them. Then on to my high school girlfriend who I just adore and got spoilt by (as did the gals) for the night. I picked Dana up from work and dropped her home(just a quickie) and then made it back to Lyndells where I slept restlessly pending the visit to the crematorium. I had an okay night I think I was running on adrenalin.

We met with the aunt and I took my other uncle with me there were three brothers, my dad the youngest, then uncle Charlie who has just passed and uncle Jim the only living relative besides me and the eldest of all three. He and Uncle Chic had a falling out when Nana died leaving them with few words spoken over the last 18 years but he was his brother and thought it only right he be there to farewell his brother who was very grateful and we have formed a new bond reminiscing over the old times.
I met the aunt at the door of the office with my girls breaking down at the thought that she would be so heartless in her act but appreciative of the opportunity to put my uncle to rest.
I wont go into detail but needless to say it was difficult but the ashes were transferred to me with a short meeting. I was given the photo of my nana in the war times and we parted on strange terms as she is adamant on me not receiving a copy of his will. (strange but accepted)

My uncle will be placed under a rose bush a beautiful white one in a garden in view of my dads ashes and plaque at the crematorium. I thought that was best to try and keep the brothers together as Uncle Jim will be there also one day.

It was a draining day and I still feel she is definitely hiding something but I haven't the energy or the resources to do anything about it. I am just so glad that I have finally got this organised.

I am still unsettled my body aching and my head fuzzy with a severe migraine that I am keeping at bay with more drugs.
All of my babies my love and joy that is wrapped up in each of them will be with me soon and I hold that close to my heart they will get me through this and Ben is feeling better and now I can be held in his arms with out fear of catching his fever so life is working for me and my Christmas will be full of love and togetherness.
There will be daily Prayers for D and her family and we will do this as a family over this time.

I wish you all Peace health and Happiness.

8 Comments:

At 3:32 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Sweet Shaz,
You are right to take your own advice (lovingly given to me!) and share your experience with us ... I for one have been anxious knowing how the Brisbane event went. I am glad your Uncle's ashes ended up in your capable and caring hands to be placed near your dad's ashes.
I know you and your family, along with me and mine (and so many, many others), are praying for Darlene, her son Mark and the rest of their family.
Much love and peace to my Australian sister, d

 
At 6:12 pm , Blogger sandy said...

I've been wondering also how the trip went to get the ashes. Also glad you went ahead and shared. Must be nice knowing he is where you want him to be and you are at home with your kids and Ben. Glad to hear Ben is getting better.

You take care now, and enjoy the holidays, okay...hope you have a wonderful Christmas. My heart sure goes out to D for what they are all going through.

lots of hugs
sandy

 
At 7:04 pm , Blogger Claire said...

Sweetie, it sounds like a tough time for you also. Will be praying for you and for D.

Stay safe,
Cxx

 
At 12:40 am , Blogger angela said...

I'm so glad that it's all sorted out to your satisfaction, Shaz, and that your uncle's tucked up near his brother.
You may be able to insist on seeing the will. take legal advice.
Angela
We too are praying for Darlene and her family.

 
At 4:13 am , Blogger Deb R said...

I'm glad you shared your story, Shaz. Darlene and her family are in my thoughts, and you telling your story (any of us sharing normal parts of ourselves in our blogs) in no way takes away from that.

I know a lot of that trip had to be so hard, but I'm glad you got the ashes. I hope you're taking care of yourself.

PS...did you get my email about the art meme thing? If you did and just haven't had time or energy to reply, that's fine...NO hurry at all! But if you didn't get it, let me know and I'll re-send.

 
At 4:22 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi shaz,

i've been traveling and haven't been "commenting" as usual.

i just wanted to say that i am glad you went to get your uncle's ashes, and i hope that it brings you some peace of mind and heart...xo...

 
At 3:34 pm , Blogger sandy said...

In case I am not on the net much as I will be busy through the holidays, here's wishing you and Ben and the kids a wonderful holiday.

sandy
xoxo

 
At 9:57 am , Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm only getting to backtrack on your posts now, Shaz luv.
I'm so glad that you collected your uncle's ashes and laid them to rest with love and dignity.
Your girls sound like beautiful souls. I'm so glad you'll be getting to spend Chrimbo with all of your babies this year!
As you know, Darlene is constantly in my thoughts too. My heart goes out to her and to her lovely family.
Hoping this finds you well.
Vxxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home