Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sacrifices

The reason I have taken this not so flattering photo of me is because this is the very last picture of me with a pierced tongue.
It is sore and has a lump in it, I have been putting up with it for the last couple of months but enough is enough.
My white cell count is lowerer again now, every inch of me is hurting and my body is under a lot of stress trying to fight to stay well, so this is another sacrifice I am making to try and be healthier and take away any thing that may cause more infection.
I could have done my hair put makeup on had a lovely background and posed.
Would it be any more flattering with my tongue out (I doubt it) sooo I just took it.
This is me looking not so beautiful but hey, this is a monumental occasion also, first my hair and now my tongue piercing. Bit by bit I am letting go of trying to control everything and accept the changes I have to make on this journey. I can admit that its hard, reluctantly, but still, I admit to it so thats a big step for me and I am trying to embrace these changes and accept the process. There are two other piercings that will have to go also but I am not posting a picture of those (smile) It feels strange not having but hey its a small price to pay for feeling better.
So the news from my Doc- My white cell count is lower again but on the bright side, I am coping with the staph infection that is back and I am no worse off than I have been reallllly, so its still day by day and week by week.
Emotionally I am good, physically I am coping and so as far as I'm concerned its all good guys.
I am still smiling I feel blessed to have made it this far and its working.
Peace and Health Everyone xxx

12 Comments:

At 9:51 pm , Blogger Vanessa said...

I just read your last post! You and your sister look so happy in that pic! I love it!
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better... You'll get that white cell count up soon, I know you will.
Shedding your piercing must feel really strange. I don't have one but a friend who's had a tongue piercing for years said it feels like a part of you after a while, so losing it must feel odd. So yay for monumental occasions like these ;)
Love and well wishes,
Vx

 
At 12:09 am , Blogger Walker said...

Well duh, we can all see the lump lol
It pays you be able to comment from far away out of smacking range some times.

To bad about your white blood count but it will go up and you seem to be coping with it.
Some day it will always be spot on

Have a nice day

 
At 3:05 am , Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hi lovely-this pic made me smile.

I am sure it feels strange to take out-but what stength you exude for self care.

You are always on my mind-and give me strength to do what is best for me in the moment.

Glad you are on your way to building stronger white cells.

I am dancing imagining the next blood test results. Perfect in every way:)

Love to you sweetie

 
At 3:20 am , Blogger Deb R said...

I like how you look in this photo. I don't see unflattering, I see exuberant. Sending healing thoughts your way~~~~~

 
At 7:17 am , Blogger Harmony said...

Hi again Shaz,

The good news is that emotionally you are feeling good. Once you've got a handle on that, the rest will fall into place. Attitude is everything when you are facing the challenges you have before you and if that's really true, you will be as healthy as an ox before you know it.

You are always in my thoughts Shaz, I wish I had your strength.

 
At 2:04 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by. I'm sorry you're having to take out your tongue piercing but if it will help your health, than it's important. I love this photo by the way and see a beautiful happy woman here, a natural beauty.

 
At 4:47 pm , Blogger Steve said...

Pleasant thoughts pleasant dreams.

Pleasants all over sweetie!

 
At 5:18 pm , Blogger sandy said...

You know what, I love this photo...you being you...so cool.

And the piercing..while I know it must be a little hard to let it go...you are just on your way to being in the world in a totally different way...not better just different...and ready for new experiences...

Hows about some tatoos after you are all better. A little body art is always cool...Hope you just keep getting better and better. That white cell count will be up in no time, especially if you are feeling good.

take care, sandy

 
At 5:18 pm , Blogger sandy said...

You know what, I love this photo...you being you...so cool.

And the piercing..while I know it must be a little hard to let it go...you are just on your way to being in the world in a totally different way...not better just different...and ready for new experiences...

Hows about some tatoos after you are all better. A little body art is always cool...Hope you just keep getting better and better. That white cell count will be up in no time, especially if you are feeling good.

take care, sandy

 
At 3:50 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey, you are so brave, and you remain so positive as you go through all of these challenges. You are truly an inspiration and you amaze me every day. I wish that you did not have to give up these little things that make you who you are, but the bigger picture of your health is indeed much more important right now. I know that you are not loosing any part of your core..you are way too strong for that.

I am wishing that infection gone...yesterday and sending you so much love.

xoxoxoxo

 
At 12:01 pm , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

I am so proud of you honey.
SO proud.
Bx

 
At 2:41 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Bravo darling Shaz. Health rules. So sorry for the loss and sacrifice ... change, even for the better, can be rough (really rough). xoxoxoxo, Deb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home