Friday, January 11, 2008

2008

Well my dearest friends it is 2008.

A year for hope-health –peace and prosperity.
2008 being here so quickly gave me little time to contemplate what my future holds for this year,
My positive side is dancing in anticipation of a year that could hold great things for my family and I, also that of who are my nearest and dearest.
On the 31st of December marked Ben and I having our first New Years apart from each other, all though we have quiet ones celebrating with friends we have always spent it together no matter what,
This year started off very differently my babe had to work doing security and I was going to go in and see him just before midnight to kiss in the year with my baby and then go home alone to wait for his shift to finish. As usual the best layer plans go astray. I ended up down the coast with my best mate Peter. It was one he intended spending alone; this would be his first new years with out his mum. I just didn’t want that so when I called and he said he just wanted to stay at home by himself.
I kind of figured he needed me and in a way I needed him too. His mums passing has had a great affect on our lives and I wanted to be there if he needed me and he was ecstatic and things have been going pretty well health wise. My girls are with their dad in Cairns, Danicka and Kyle had plans with friends and that’s fine but I could feel that this was a big one for him, so I forfeited my ritualistic kiss with my baby to spend that time with my oldest and dearest friend and I wouldn’t have changed a thing. We sang we laughed we cried we even went to the amusement park and rode the “zipper” our all time favorite ride from when we were 9.
We had a blast. Even though the dawn came far too quickly with a New Year beginning he was the perfect person for me to do that with, Its hard to let go of people you love when they go and it has only been a few months since Kath, his mums passing.
I am glad I was there for him because it was a tough one.

Now for me I still have no computer “I know it’s been way to damn long and I am starting to get a little peeved to put it rather nicely. It’s near impossible to visit everyone and just as hard to get some words out, I have more bloods in a week or so then find out results early February. That will be the second of 3 and if that’s clear then my last test will be in April.
Now I truly believe I am cured but I still have that side to me that makes me need to consider my options if hypothetically I am not.
You know it doesn’t scare me if it hasn’t but Ben doesn’t want to discuss it because he wants to be positive, and that’s great but I would like to cover all bases and have a game plan if things don’t turn out just as we expected.
Now the question I ask first is should I just leave it and wait and see, totally put it out of my mind OR do I consider all my options now so if god forbid it doesn’t come back negative I have a back up plan worked out so that by not being cured I know what I would do.
This seems logical all though my choices are few I would like to make them now and not while I am under stress trying to choose a decision.
Doctors Choice is 1. straight back on treatment for another year that’s it no questions no stopping and no collecting $200 while passing go. It would be my best chance from his point of view.
MY CHOICES are a unlimited take a year off then try again;, don’t try again and lets go natural blah blah what to do. Liver biopsy will be a start and then we will see but I like options, even though I am indecisive I don’t like only having one choice and to be honest it was tough and I don’t know how my family would go if I had to do another year, Hypothetically my friends what would you do?:?????????

11 Comments:

At 9:25 pm , Blogger Vanessa said...

firstly, happy new year, my friend! i miss having you around here... i hope you can get online regularly again soon :)

i think what you did for your friend peter was amazing! you are *the* best friend/momma/partner anyone could ask for!

and, wow, shazzy... i don't know what to say about your tests and options! all i know is you are so very brave. when the results come through, you'll know what to do. i really believe that.

sending all my love to you and wishing and hoping for clear results and a cured you.

love ya,
Vx

 
At 12:11 pm , Blogger awareness said...

i've missed you.......

your new years sounded like it was just the absolute right thing to do. we had a party here at our house....a few friends because some couldn't show due to a big snowstorm that day. ah well....it was nice as it was.

what would I do? I would ask EVERYONE I know personally and in blogland to form a global oneness prayer......have us all say a prayer at the same time to send you BIG BIG hopes that your test will be clear and you will be healed......... just give us the time and date Shazzz.......and we will all be there for you. xox

 
At 1:01 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

That's a tough one Shaz ... part of me thinks that I would think positively and plan on not having to make that choice. On the other hand, I know what you mean about planning whilst not under the immediate stress of having to make a decision (but are you putting yourself under more stress by pre-planning?)

Okay, not clear-cut, but just follow your heart. Love you bunches and bunches. xx, deb

 
At 1:02 pm , Blogger Karen said...

SHAZZIE!!!! It's fantastic to see you up and about. Happy New Year.

If, hypothetically, you weren't cured, I would definitely want to have my options in place and ready to go but that's just me. Like you, I wouldn't want to make a decision while under duress. I know it must worry you what another year like the last one would be like for you and your family but they love you and want you around for a long long time. I think that would help get you all through any bad times.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm glad you got to spend New Years Eve with Peter. Lucky you for having a partner who doesn't get weird about you having a friend of the opposite sex.

 
At 6:06 pm , Blogger Robert said...

hey shazzie!!! so cool about your new years and that yor bambam is secure enough to let you spend it as you did sounds like it was very healing and comforting for the both of you

I am with dana as far as the united prayer front for you you are such a brave soul shazzie so inspiring to so many so thrilled to see an update from you thanks to you dearest gypsy is on the lookout for a lil aussie hiney to send to the states LOL i met gypsy thru you you both are delights keep pressing on as only you can shazzie much warmth and positive energy sent to you hugs matey xx

 
At 1:23 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi may name is amii and i had a few dinks and i is a lttle dunk. i came up this arv and have not stopped laughing ever since. she would have to be the most fun i've had since 1979. ha ha ha i'm only 28 so she is a top chick, even though she is sick. i can only hope that you guys get as much fun out of her as i do........ nah honestly i couldn't have asked for a better sister in the whole wide eumundi...... please for gods sake give me aniothetr dink.....

 
At 10:31 am , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Shaz, good to see you back albeit without a computer..
Happy New Year.
I'm praying and hoping you won't have that choice to make.
I'm not sure it is something you can know properly until you're there...and I know you will look deep inside and make the right choice for you ad your family at that time - IF it happens.
Only someone who has been there can say what they would do - but then thats not you..
Take care brave soul - rooting for your results to be perfect and no need for any more worries..
Hugs and love
Katie
xx

 
At 7:18 am , Blogger Nan said...

Happy New Year.
For me, I'm a planner so I would have to think out all options. I would most likely jump back into the treatments and go full stream ahead once again but when the time comes, you will know what to do and do what's best for you. Hugs.

 
At 1:51 pm , Blogger Wanda said...

Hi Shaz...Was delighted to see a new post from you. Glad you had fun on New Years...the Zipper sounds like a blast.

You do have a tough decision before you...Lots of good advice above from other readers, but ultimately it's you'r babe!!! And I know you'll make the right one!
Love and Hugs and Prayers
Wanda

 
At 2:56 am , Blogger Walker said...

Hypothetically speaking I live my life and deal with any new hurdle when it comes.

That said I think your cured and I don;t like being called a liar. Tell that to your doctor please :)

 
At 10:42 pm , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Shaz, THANK YOU so much for coming by and visiting - you are a blessing dear friend...
so pleased you''re back with a computer...
take care and I am thinking of you,
Katie
xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home