Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just For Fun


Now Just for some fun I am reminded by my mates overseas that we have a bit of a different spin on things when we speak.
I do use slang a little when I speak but rarely when I write, sooooooo I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone gets this, Gypsy you will know the answers so be fair and let the others try and figure it out but I am sure you'll get a giggle.
I thought there are so many memes and quizes out there I thought I would put a new spin on things, this is open to everyone and lets see how good your aussie slang is.
Let me know in my comments when you've had a crack at it.

And dont bother usin speel check cause itl be screwed with outa doubt, ya may as well b pissin in the wind for all the good itl do ya. lol

Answer or explain the questions and I will post explanations in a few days.

1. Do you understand the meaning, but are unable to explain the origin of, the term "died in the arse"?

2. What is a bloody little beauty??

3. Are these terms related: chuck a sickie; chuck a spaz; chuck a U-ey?

4. Explain the following passage: "In the arvo last Chrissy the relos rocked up for a barbie, some bevvies and a few snags. After a Bex and a bit of a lie down we opened the pressies, scoffed all the chockies, bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies and Mum did her block after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of biffo."

5. Macca, Chooka and Wanger are driving to Surfers in their Torana. If they are travelling at 100 km/h while listening to Barnsey, Farnsey and Acca Dacca, how many slabs will each person on average consume between flashing a brown eye and having a slash?

6. Complete the following sentences:

a) "If the van's rockin' don't bother ?
b) You're going home in the back of a ?
c) Fair crack of the ?
7. I've had a gutful and I can't be fagged. (what does this mean)

8. Have you ever been on the giving or receiving end of a wedgie?

9. Do you have a friend or relative who has a car in their front yard "up on blocks"? Is his name Wally and does he have a wife called Cheryl?


10. Does your family regularly eat a dish involving mincemeat, cabbage, curry powder and a packet of chicken noodle soup called either chow mein, chop suey or kai see ming?

11. What are the ingredients in a rissole?
12. Describe the correct procedure for eating a Tim Tam.

13. In any two-hour period have you ever crashed someones joint eaten three-bean salad, a chop and two serves of pav washed down with someone else's beer that has been flogged from a bath full of ice?

14. When you go to a bring- your-own-meat barbie can you eat other people's meat or are you only allowed to eat your own?

15. What purple root vegetable beginning with the letter "b" is required by law to be included in a hamburger with the lot?

16. Do you own or have you ever owned a tinnie, a pair of thongs, an Esky or Ugg boots?

18. Is it possible to "prang a car" while doing "circle work"?

19. Who would you like to crack on to?

20. Who is the most Australian: Kevin "Bloody" Wilson, John "True Blue" Williamson, Kylie Minogue or Warnie?
21. Is there someone you are only mates with because they own a trailer or have a pool?
22. What does sinkin piss at a mates joint and getten para mean?

23. Have you ever gone to the corner store for a dogs eye got pulled up by a bottle stooper because you were drivin unco so u got slapped with a green back fine due in 45 days?

24. Have you ever had a yak with an old codger while diggin a pit for the thunder box?

25. Have you ever been to dinner with someone in some flash joint who's pretty good on the fang then realised after u left you've saved some for ron all down the front of your flannie.

26. You go to the races and ya think ur on a sure thing, but ya nag runs like a hairy goat, probably a ring in and u loose all ya dosh so u bum a rodie before u hit the frog and toe drownin your sorrows at the local. When ya finally get home the missus is pissed and you go a few rounds in the kitchen before she kicks ur sorry bum to the curb. (explain his day)

27.Is this Fair? Fair dinkum you get up for a cooked brekkie Sunday mornin at sparrow fart expecting some soft bum nuts and damper but instead by the time the missus finishes fart arsen around its beer o'clock so u crack a darky as an excuse and just go to the local with the boys for a floater and a whinge instead. (what happened?)
Have Fun !!!!!!!

13 Comments:

At 1:52 am , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Okay -- I found out a few! Died in the arse, means something broke down, was cancelled, didn't work out, failed, etc .... however, I have no idea how it came to be. Bloody little Beauty is a way of describing when something good happened to you, and the three chuck terms are not related! Chuck means to throw ... so the first "chuck a sicky" is to throw a sick day (basically staying home sick when you're not!), "Chuck a spazzie" is to throw a spaz (acting crazy, freaking out!), and the third is to "chuck a U-ey" which is to throw or make a u-turn.
I better brush up on more of these before next September! xx, JP/deb

 
At 8:12 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Oh Shaz, I am a total "dummy". After reading all 27, I had such a headache and brain freeze I took a Vicatin and went to bed!!! Please give the answers for us slow learners.!!
Love Ya!

 
At 2:06 pm , Blogger Robert said...

LOL ohhh shazzie this is way fun and cool!!! I think the one story is about how the family prepares for santa on christmas eve by leaving the goodies as well as eating and drinking some eh wot??? I had heard of timtams there is this one aussie food that is soooooooooo bland and yukky my friend sent me in the mail im sure you and gypsy know it cant think of the name ohhhhhhh i recall too she told me you dont get dr pepper there in oz for some reason lol wow sure hope some other yank can figure thew other out oh bugger just give me a didgeree doo and a wombat with a wallabee and a kanga hehe love your fun shazzie!! xx

 
At 9:45 pm , Blogger Karen said...

Ok have I been silent long enough??? I must admit I try to keep the Aussie slang to a minimum in my posts because I invariably have to explain what the hell I'm on about but ya gotta love an Aussie don't ya? We're a breed all our own hey Shaz? Throw another shrimp on the barby Shazza and I'll be there soon to knock the top off a coldie. LOL.....

 
At 3:15 am , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

whats a Tim tam? recognise a lot of the other bits... will have to come back witha glass of wine later and scroll through :)

 
At 5:19 am , Blogger Darlene said...

Ummmmm???
Do we both live on planet Earth?
and speak english?

silly girl :)

xOx darlene

 
At 9:08 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he he...okay, I am pretty sure I was able to translate some of them?? This was fun honey. xoxoxo

 
At 4:31 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got most of them, and yes, i HAVE owned Uggs!

 
At 10:12 am , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

ahhh I recently saw some ratehr lovely ugg thongs...:) looked so comfy... hugs Shaz, hope you're ok, xx

 
At 7:42 am , Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm still working me way through these but I'm having a ball and LMAO!! These are great. I get some and I'm getting a huge kick out of deciphering/guessing/wondering about the rest!
How do you say "love yout" in Aussie?,
Vx

 
At 4:20 am , Blogger Deb R said...

Uuuuhhhh....I maybe gone one slang word in each dozen or so on these! LOL!

I should come up with a Kentucky Hillbilly version and see how many people can get! :-)

 
At 9:16 pm , Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh my my brain started to choke up by number 5. hee hee. Seriously it made my brain hurt.LOL.

Can't wait to get some clarity on these.

You are too cute.

Love

 
At 4:36 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home