Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Freedom Writers

I can finally recommend a movie that touched me, many of you may of heard of it and I don't usually talk about movies and say that people should watch it because there are so many different tastes among all of us but this movie is for everyone. It is inspiring thoughtful and its based on a true story that is touching and admirable.

Treatment being over has left me happy but not feeling well at all. I seem to be going through some withdrawals and I am just a bit yukky.

So with my roses on the table (from Ben "grin") a strong cup of tea and my blanket wrapped around me I settled in to watch a movie and relax.

I was a little unprepared for the gamut of emotions that welled up from deep inside me.

It touched me, it has everything a good movie should and it did its job.

I laughed, cried I became angry and relieved and in awe of this amazing woman who gave a shit and made a difference.

It bought up many discussions with my girls and I. From this we have made a conscious decision to research the true story in length and it also has opened up questions about the Holocaust and history. So the girls and I are going to make a trip to the library for some research.

If you could clone this teacher and have her in each and every school this world would be a far better place for our kids. So now I am watching it again (tears still flowing) before it goes back to the video store but be sure i will be buying this movie reading the books and diaries and getting into some projects with my girls. They both want to teach and what a fine example this woman has set for them. This is another web site to the Freedom Writers Foundation its really kool.
Now I know Patience isn't my strong suit but I just want to feel Healthy.
I haven't really felt well for the last 12 months and so knowing its over and so close is a real tease. Ben is telling me give yourself a break you've had a tough go of it and it will take time.............TIME Blah I am so over waiting but I will lol like i have a choice Hey? but anyway day by day i will regain my strength and hopefully my mind and I will be able to do the Master Cleanse like Thea did.
She had a diary of her cleanse and her tips will be invaluable to me when I start. I just cant wait to get into it and exercise pain free wake up and want to get out of bed. I am a little perturbed many things going through my friggin aching head man is it pumping to the point I am squinting one eye. I have so many damn questions about how I am feeling and no one really to ask. Are my headaches like a withdrawal thing or is it because I am now codeine dependant and the headaches are a craving of more drugs. I just don't know anymore. Ben's at work and will be every night this week and weekend and someone was killed last week doesnt help with contentment when I worry about him. I have him during the day but I am irritable and snappy and happy and sad and just well.........YUKKKKKKK
I am annoyed at myself i want to be happy grateful and positive about all this and I kinda am but I think I should feel better about it all but at the moment I am just cranky and its the not knowing what the F*#K I am supposed to feel as I have no gauge and its the same old story every ones different scenario. I am just venting I am not ungrateful and I do feel happy but lol when your head feels like its in a vice its hard to project joy. I better stop before I crack totally and go to bed and try to sleep. (Mmmm that's another thing i have been on sleeping tablets for 11 months will I not sleep when I wean off all the shit I don't want to need anything and I will really struggle with the cleanse in a few weeks with stopping those crutches I have relied on)
MMmmmmm Dreaming of the day I can kick a football go for a long walk with dog and just enjoy life again.


Enjoy your week Peace and Health To All XX

11 Comments:

At 4:14 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babe even through the worst of your treatment you were still the backbone of our family, your unbelivable strengh and will to complete this SHITHOUSE last 48 weeks is something that knowone can take away or any one will ever forget....most of all ME.
Honey i love you big time.
B

 
At 5:30 am , Blogger Walker said...

Just keep dreaming you are strong enough to see them happen :)

 
At 7:13 am , Blogger awareness said...

let er rip Shaz! A good primal scream is WELL earned!!

there are absolutely no hard and fast rules on how to be dealing with all the shit you have had to endure. Lead the way......with every emotion you decide to bellow out and we'll follow....

 
At 9:10 am , Blogger Wanda said...

You are going to make it girlfriend. Look how far you've come! Your journey has made us all stronger, and better people!!
Love you tons.

 
At 3:09 pm , Blogger Robert said...

for some reason reading your post made me think of INXS and one of their songs im blanking on it right now let all that stuff out shazzie vent to your hearts content!!! Wanda said it perfectly all of us who have been fortunate enough to discover you have been enriched and are better people for the inspiration and hope you radiate to us!!!xx

 
At 12:16 am , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Hey sweetie,

I wish you were celebrating the end of treatment with feeling better, but just know, you DID IT!! And you did it with grace, humanity and spirit. Keep in touch with the docs so they can monitor what goes on with you body in these next stages (I still go in every 4 weeks). You've been through a lot & remember, let yourself feel whatever it is you're feeling. This is a process (but isn't all of life?!!)
Thanks for the recommendation on Freedom Writers, I've seen it, but hadn't watched it yet -- it's on my list now! Love you. xx, deb

 
At 2:41 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One step at a time, one day at a time...you will get there. There is alot of transitioning that your beautiful being needs to do right now, so it won't happen over night. But when it does...it is your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I am wishing and hoping for that very very very soon. Sending you warm hugs and love.xoxoxo

 
At 7:17 am , Blogger Darlene said...

withdrawls suck

give yourself time...it does heal all wounds. Be careful when to do the Master Cleanse, it is really hard on the body and put me in the hospital and I earned a strongly intense lecture from the doctor :[

love you Shaz...you're a stud!

xOx darlene

 
At 8:00 am , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

Take care, you'll get through this last bit - no right feelings... doesn't help but vent and do what you need... sending love and thanks for the movie recommendation, Katie,xx

 
At 5:35 am , Blogger Vanessa said...

will look out for that movie indeed.
hang on in there, pet. you're on the last stretch of a tough road now.
love you,
Vx

 
At 11:57 am , Blogger Whitesnake said...

All good things come to those who wait...........or impatient!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home