Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Promised Awakening



I watch you while you sleep
I don't move so not to wake you
Silently I weep
I feel your heart its beating
In your arms my tears they seep
I want to tell you that I'm scared
But my lips are silent
My secret they do keep
To the sky I stare
My mind is racing my body still
Your breath is warm upon my face
You cant know that Im not moveing
My body lets me down
It will work for me tomorrow
I just cant make a sound
To scared to go to sleep
To scared to stay awake
Will I wake tomorrow
or will it be to late
Wake me up my baby feel that i'm okay
Let me sleep until tomorrow
Because that's another day

2 Comments:

At 9:51 am , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Oh Shaz...
I have moments like this... I dont know why.
But I am afraid to go to sleep.
It is not a nice feeling at all.
Your poem is beautiful.
I hope you are feeling *much* better today my darling friend.
Bx

 
At 10:15 am , Blogger Darlene said...

This poem holds such truth and heart. I'm in it too today and I 've been in bed all day.

I've been thinking and praying for you, lovely friend!

sending you strength

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home