Monday, October 02, 2006

Sisters

Me, my mum Kris and Kel (mums 50th)

Where do i start, I grew up with a brother 5 years younger than me. I always wanted a sister but it wasn't to be.
Then at the age of 21 I found my Birth mother and more.
I found out I had 2 younger sisters and another brother, it was a scary thought.
Would they like me would they hate me would we get along or fight.
I had the greatest surprise anyone could wish for a mum who was awesome and so many similarities.
My sisters and I hit it off from the start, It was like we all had new toys that we could play with.
I know things don't always work out between adoption reunions but I couldn't be happier.
Both my mums where with me when I had my hysterectomy for cervical cancer and then they were with Ben and I when we had our engagement as were my sisters and my niece's.
Its funny because we didn't grow up together but the similarities.........well it blows us away.
For starters our LAUGH its so embarrassing, everybody knows when were around we have a cackle distinct to us! It is just the pitch that varies and it seems to be the contagious because everyone starts laughing as well (I'm not sure if its at us or with us LOL) I don't mind either way.
The faces we pull u can definitely tell we were from the same mould.
Its very difficult to condense what we have I suppose if I ever dreamt what it would be to have sister we are it. Early on I'm sure we were very aware of our relationship and treated it with kit gloves but I'm here to tell you its so not like that now. We are just as we should be we laugh we love we argue and we stick together we can dis each other discuss each other how ever we want......But God help anyone who has a problem with anyone of us, then its solidarity all the way..........I LOVE that.
As we speak my youngest sis Kristie has been here for a couple of days she lives about 6 hrs away now so I love the time we have together whether we go HARD or just SLOTH it its great.Her daughters name is Summa she is such a kool little kid and she is super full on. Definitely keeps her mum on her toes. (just for the record we slothed it) She goes today I hate saying goodbye but we'll talk weekly. Ayesha got her beautiful red hair from her aunt, Kristy has gorgeous long curly hair that the king of the jungle would envy and is just as beautiful inside as she is on the outside.
As kris goes Kelly arrives. In 2 days we will be bombarded with her and her 4 babes (like me) all girls (I have the only boy) so we will have a house full. But were used to a lot of kids and they all get along famously. (thank goodness)
Kel and I talk a lot more she only lives an hour away and so I see her a lot more as well, even so we can sometimes sit on the phone for hours and that's daily (kris hates the phone but puts up with me) we talk about everything and nothing she was a bit older when we met and we became close quickly and that wont ever change. I even taught her to drive but in saying that, I take no responsibility for her driving record.....LOL
Now Ive started I don't really know what else to say but I'm blessed to have them in my life and I love them dearly............Its kool having sisters, there is an unspoken bond that time nor distance will break, just like I always dreamed as a child. They both have beautiful souls and a spirit of graciousness that they have passed onto their gorgeous children. I see in there eyes a quality that we 3 have, a quality passed on to us from our mum.This generous woman has amazing patience and grace in all that she is. I see myself in her and her in me, that didn't come by being raised by her, it was passed on through a genetic realm of unspoken love.
(I Feel Thankful and Blessed)
With this I have to mention my amazing mum who raised me.
I grew up with more love than 1 little girl could want. I always new I was adopted I don't ever remember being told, I have just always known.
I was brought up with respect for my birth mum and everything to do with my adoption was always positive. I am so grateful for that and it helped when I met everyone.
Belinda was shocked that I had no animosity concerning my adoption and also grateful, I think it would be impossible to have anything but love for her and my sisters anyway,
but thanks Mum you have made our union so much easier.

4 Comments:

At 12:46 pm , Blogger Darlene said...

This was priceless reading Shaz :)

What a wonderful testimony of your life. Something very rare indeed.

Thank YoU for sharing this...I needed to hear something so heartwarming today.

much love~

XxxDarlene

 
At 9:19 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey shaz love you baby so much you are the best big sister anyone could of asked for. I was so happy when we meet and knew we would be great sisters 4ever. love you babe and i am so proud of everything you have achieve in your life including putting up with ben haha. Love you to benny boy cant wait till you guys r married love yas Kellyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 9:36 pm , Blogger Shaz said...

I love u to sister so much.Thankyou for being u.
shaz xoxox

 
At 10:56 pm , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Beautiful.... just so lovely to read this Shazz. You are so positive and it shines in your writing. In *you* actually.
I love you my girl.
HEY... I am home. Tired and off to bed.
Missed you much!
Bx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home