Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Confident"

The Definition of confident:adjective;
1. If you are confident about something you are sure it will happen the way you want it to.
2. People who are confident are sure of their own abilities or qualities.

This is how I feel today. I'm happy content and confident that I will keep smiling.
My nickname as a kid was Sunshine and it stuck as I grew up, my friends still laugh at the fact that when I hurt myself I crack up laughing I always find the funny side to things What can you do? cry? I don't think so. I use this blog as a journal and I have certainly had my moments but they are short lived feelings that I need to release.
Physical pain rarely makes me cry, emotional pain though is my downfall.
I, at this point of time am emotionally overwhelmed with joy.
I have my regular mates dear long term souls that fill me with joy.
I have my family that is always my stability.
And then I have my new found friends one that I met through tragedy and heartache, she is an amazing woman with a gracious and extremely generous nature, I have found her to be a solid rock of positive expression and love. I have always said that "I LOVE YOU" is the most overused 3 words in the English language, you can say it but if who your saying it to doesn't feel it! then there wasted words. I choose very carefully who I say these words to as I think its a huge responsibility loving someone and its not a commitment to be entered into lightly.
With those words comes responsibility and I take that responsibility seriously.
The new found friend I refer to is a gorgeous gal called Bek. I so appreciate and adore this woman I haven't actually brought a new person into my life for a long time but she is special.
I love her!!! Even when shes down she turns things around to make you feel better I know this to be a rare and endearing quality. She reminded me that we would never hurt someone else with negative comments so why do it to yourself.
In saying that she introduced me to another person on the other side of the world that I have never met whom I also love she is such a special lady who faces adversity each and every day but still takes the time to make sure that I feel not so alone through her words of encouragement and strength. ( Thankyou "D" )

How Blessed I am to have found two wonderful women in one year. I believe that people come to you when you need them and this has renewed my faith in myself.
"To explain" I feel I couldn't possibly have these two women care if I wasn't worth it. I now measure my thoughts on myself by the friends and amazing people in my life.
Its a lesson for all of us to measure our self worth on the beautiful people who love us unconditionally. Consider yourself as you would your best friend, listen to your heart not your head you know if you are of true intentions. You know that the advice you give to your nearest and dearest is said from love, take your own advice and believe in yourself. You can't expect to be loved and respected if you don't love and respect yourself.

I do today
Im happy
Im Blessed
Im ready to face my fears

Bek my sweet soul sister I truly do love you and I so appreciate who you are as a person you are my Absolute Blessing I know that you will always remind me of what true hearts mean.
Me, there for you and You, there for me.
Darlene what can I say to my almost parallel self we have amazingly been on similar paths and your positive outlook gives me strength your words are such a comfort to me. I'm so glad that your with me in Spirit it means a lot to have that "knowing"support.

SO ..................................... "I AM CONFIDENT"






11 Comments:

At 8:21 am , Blogger Shaz said...

Girls I do appreciate you both so much. Thankyou for your support.
I would have made a link with your names if I had a clue how to do it but I dont sorry. Bek dont laugh Im still trying.(giggle)

 
At 5:01 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredibly beautiful, uplifting and WISE post! I believe that every woman should read this, I truely do. Your perspective is so clear and pure.

Thank you for this, on so many levels!

xoxoxoxo-Jen

 
At 6:06 pm , Blogger Darlene said...

Shazzie boo ~*~ *tears* :`-)

You have to read my post for today...I think you and I had the same wave length going on.

Hey....I love you shaz...and I'm here for you. Email me the details love...be good to yourself.

XOXO Dar

 
At 7:24 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mum
i know you will get through this treatment and i wish you alot of luck (not like you need it)
love you sooooooo much and hope you're not goin through a rough time .xoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxxooxxooxxoox

love u so much words cant describe love u love ish

 
At 7:40 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

here via darlene. i'll be sending positive vibes and prayers for you as you venture on this journey. take care of you.
poet

 
At 9:43 pm , Blogger Vanessa said...

Found you through lovely sweet Darlene and Jen.
Sending you positive thoughts and energy and hoping it all goes well.
Will pop by again soon.
Vanessa

 
At 11:28 pm , Blogger bee said...

same here, shaz...nice to meet you.

this is a beautiful post, i'll be back. take care of you.

 
At 2:06 pm , Blogger Deb R said...

Hi Shaz. I came to visit after reading Darlene's post saying you're about to start a new treatment. I've read through some of your posts and they're just lovely. I'm sending good thoughts your way and I'll stop by again. Take care~~~~~

 
At 3:19 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

What a wonderfully inspirational post filled with gratitude. I also found my way here via Darlene and am so glad to have the pleasure of visiting you. Many good thoughts and much peace to you, JP

 
At 3:55 pm , Blogger sandy said...

Hi, came here through Darlene's site and wanted to wish you all the best. I've spent the last hour reading your blog, incredible lady you are!

I sincerely hope all goes well for you and will put you in my heart and prayers.

dd

 
At 5:02 pm , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

I love you angel.
I cant wait to speak with you on the phone today.
Bx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home