Wednesday, October 25, 2006

EUMUNDI...... My New Town

The iconic and towering heritage listed fig trees rise above the 500 plus stall market. Wide shady walkways make strolling among the stalls and old quirky buildings a pleasant experience. A plethora of all things locally handmade, the market sells everything from delicately constructed craft to organically grown produce. Our policy of make it, bake it, design it, sew it or grow it, ensures that they only select the very best of items and crafts.


This is the entry to my place. Twice a week I sit beside the "drive slow" sign while people come from every where to come to the The Famous Eumundi Markets I meet and greet and make some pocket money by turning my yard into a car park. Envious of my talented neighbours.


Ajanta Cave Jewellery
She has some awesome Jewellery. I love Amber and she has some
Amazing pieces.



www.lynfrancis.com/gallery/
This is Lyn a local talented artist whose Beautiful Bright Paintings are just Gorgeous. The girls love her work.


http://www.eumundimarkets.com.au/

Eumundi is a Historical Town on the Hinterland of the Sunshine Coast. The markets have been running for well over 20 years and is a huge tourist attraction. I live in town on 2 1/2 acres and I live right next door to all the action. There are so many amazing people here creative and artistic souls that sell there goodies and display them for all to see.

Our local pub has cold beers and great bands.
The Black Sorrows are playing Saturday (sadly il miss them)





My Mates





These two lovelies are the proud owners of a brand called "Spikey Dog" based on a cartoon character of their son's Staffordshire Terrier (TONKA) They are very sweet and often have to bring my naughty puppy home when she wanders over for a visit (she loves the markets as well) www.spikeydog.net

Pathways every where leading you into a maze of possibilities.

Clothes....Jewels....Woodwork.....Soaps .....Organic Foods......Gifts ......Drums......
"There really is something for everyone"
Kids clothes are a must see these people have something for every mood, party or event for your babes.
Paintings, Crafts, Pottery, Music, Food and Joy is in abundance twice a week.
I admire the talented people who are dedicated to showing there passion and love of their products.

I have met people from all over the world and I enjoy the smiles and Happiness from tourists having a great time. Hopefully I will be able to continue this for as long as we are here, I tell them if I could Paint I would be at the markets, I cant so I sit and read and meet new people. And dream of finding the creative Me.














2 Comments:

At 7:06 pm , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Such a gorgeous post Shaz.
I love those markets.. they really must be the best in Australia.
And I cant wait to come back again with Nath and Mikaela... in only a matter of weeks.
Whoooohoooo.
Bx

 
At 4:29 am , Blogger Darlene said...

"The Hinterland of the Sunshine Coast"
*~ and this is where you live! It looks and sounds just heavenly Shaz. Did I see a bead vendor? What a wonderful place, full of festive energy that you get to soak up on a regular basis.

I'm GREEN :D

and I thank you and love you for kind friendship and nurturing words of healing.

love to you,
xxx Darlene

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home