Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thankful For



This picture I have taken represents my surreal feeling of being animated myself its as if the next 48 weeks will be shaded with light and with darkness not really knowing how the end result or following pictures will turn out like, some days could be a little dark, then others maybe full of light. Right now the candle is burning bright and I'm thankful for that. Contemplating the Journey Ahead I have concluded. I can - I will - I must stay Bright


Well I am extremely overwhelmed at everyone taking the time to comment on my last post it was written from my Heart.
I am very grateful for the Prayers and Blessings I received from you all.
I started my treatment yesterday and it was daunting to say the least.
I had extreme spasms, shakes, chills, vomiting, pain, headaches and nosebleeds.
I am still here and I managed to stay calm and focused at the light at the end of the tunnel with a smile on my face.
These side affects will tend to get easier as treatment continues (I HOPE) there are different side affects that may challenge me on this trip but I will cross that bridge when or if I have to.

I am pushing the side affects aside in my mind as much as possible. This is a challenge I will embrace and endure. I am looking at these side affects as a means to an end and I am picturing myself in a much Healthier place.
I believe that sacrifice and hard work comes with most things that are worthwhile and I have to believe that this will work and I will be Healthy again.
It will be a long haul but I look at my 2 gorgeous girls at home and listen to the loving words on the phone of my 2 older kids who live and work away and I couldn't possibly not be thankful.
Benjamin is my knight in shining armour he was distressed at feeling helpless but as I said all I need is for him to be there (and true to form he was) He held and comforted me through the worst feelings I have ever had all at once.
Feeling loved when you are so vulnerable is the most precious gift of all. I cant ask for more than that.
Having strangers take TIME(which is all so valuable) to tell you they are sending positive thoughts and prayers is such a blessing and has really made me feel so much better and I know I'm repeating myself but I am really just so grateful for the comments that have been left for me.
I have always been in Love with giving gifts but I also learnt a long time ago that the best gift you can give someone is Love and Time. Knowing your loved and cared about is what all people need and can never have enough of. I strive to do that especially knowing I have made someone else feel good always makes me feel better. This time I am on the receiving end of so many e.mails calls text messages and comments. They have seen me through the darkest of the last 24 hours.
1 Day down and feeling good still smiling still thankful
So I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Good Health and Peace to all. xx

7 Comments:

At 11:34 pm , Blogger mareymercy said...

My thoughts are with you. Hang in there. Positive attitude and a sense of hope are a big part of success, and you have that in spades. Good luck to you.

 
At 1:05 am , Blogger Deb said...

Sending positive thoughts and good wishes your way!

 
At 4:03 am , Blogger sandy said...

The saying, be in the now, certainly is what seems to be happening with you. Each moment you get through is one step closer to the end of the treatment. Staying in the moment (as much as is possible in these daunting times) can only help...when you are in the moment, and you know you are loved, helps one to face the next moment without fear and with strength.

My heart has plenty of room and I'll take you in there with so many others I've placed in there. Your family sounds wonderful and you in many ways are so blessed, and the fact that you recognize that is what will bring you out on the other side all healthy and raring to go...Love conquers all...

I have four children, one of whom is still home, and besides my husband, the children are the source of strength to get through anything.

All my good wishes and blessings go with you today...

dd (dustyducktales.blogspot.com)

Take care sweetie. I'll be checking in every day on you.

Sandy

 
At 1:59 pm , Blogger Deb R said...

Day one sounded rough for sure, but you sound like you have a very positive attitude and that's priceless. Thinking of you~~~

Love the portrait!

 
At 5:08 pm , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Alright... GOOD.
One to go... you can do anything my girl.
Anything.
I am calling NOW!!
Bx

 
At 4:05 am , Blogger Darlene said...

come on baby!!!! We're in this for the long haul!

kepp your tail wagging
(that'a what my grandpa used to always say to me)

love you xox d

 
At 4:11 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaz, I have been thinking about you all weekend. You have passed the first hurdle, and no doubt you will far surpass the remaining hurdles. Your children sound wonderful, and I am so happy to hear that they are right there with you through this journey.

You look divine in that photograph.

Healing and loving vibes to you.

xoxoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home