Thursday, May 17, 2007

Brisbane trip part One

Okay today.............Mmmmm I had a shit nights sleep my whole body writhing in pain with an intensity that made me cry which takes a lot usually and so I make the journey down the stairs to get some stronger pain meds and more sleeping tablets to try and rest my weary body. I hate to wake Ben up when I am up and down all night but he slept through it thank goodness as he has a big day today.
The pain throughout my back and neck is like doing a full set of super weight sets and then holding, allowing the lactic acid burn until you cant physically hold the weight any longer or stretching to the point of burning but moving does little to take that burn away. I don't know how else to describe it unless you have ever had a truck parked on you while the driver stops for breakfast.

But enough of that. My trip to Brisbane went well considering the lack of sleep and normal crap.
I went down on the Monday afternoon a day early, taking
Olivia (Taylas bestie) home after her weekend with us. I went early as I wasn't comfortable with her catching the train by herself even if her mum was Grrrrr so I decided to go early.(I have no problem with taking her home its just the fact that they would let her catch a train with no super vision all that way)
The only downside to that was it happened to be the end of the long weekend for the May Day Weekend which is done yearly to protest for
workers rights against our wanker Government(anyway that's a whole nother post) I sometimes march or go in support but for obvious reasons didn't attend.
Anyway a lot of people take advantage of the long weekend to go away up to? you guessed the Sunshine Coast where I live so the trip back took 3 hours instead of 1. Olivia and I said the time passed quickly as we sang and talked about old and new times and laughed at the things they have gotten up to in the years her an La have been friends and some recent events. She is such a pleasure and I love her a lot.

After dropping her off my first port of call was Lyndell my gal from high school. We talked and laughed and caught up on all the gossip until about 1 am so by then I was pretty shattered I did fall asleep then woke up to a shadow wavering over the top of me with a bit of a fright my eyes opened wide. It was Marty her hubby my guy friend from school standing or trying to stand (he had been at the march and lets just say the march goes for about 3 km and then they finish at the oval where their are food stands and yep many alcohol tents) He didn't know I was there so when he seen me curled up on a mattress in his lounge room he immediately panicked, then came the questions in his language of slur, lol I have spoken it once or twice my self so I am slightly familiar.

Marty-Hey Heyyyyyyyyy HAY a little louder.
Marty- Arb woo Okay whas wong.
Me -yeh mate alls good just down for a few days.
Marty- Wheds Bem ism e akay woo nob siting are wa.
Me- no honey we are not fighting I am just visitng.
Marty- da golls were day awe isay day k.
Me- yes marty the girls are fine.
Marty- woo sure wu k snaz eyes fix it saw woo dust til ma whads hoing un
Me- yeh honey everything is good I l tell you tomorrow nothing to be fixes babe, goodnight.
Marty- K wool c dar im ma morfink k
Me Yes honey see u in the morning.

That was it I was awake no chance of sleeping anymore so I tossed and turned for another couple of hours then decided to go over to Danas and climb into bed with her it was just before 6am but I don't sleep well away from home alone so I needed to go where I might of been able to get some. I woke Dana up but we both quickly hugged and then crawled into bed (her day off) and went to sleep.
Next minute the door flung open and Dana's room mate Christine whom I have known for years also flew in to ask Dana something then she spotted me dropped her coffee and gasped until she realised it wasn't anyone other than her Mumma so she was cute apologising giving me hug whilst saying my short hair was great but shell go now SORRRY...... I rolled over thinking okay sleep time shaz please lord just a little, when about half an hour later the door flew open and a little scream left the lips of Chantal, Dans other room mate she had also come in to ask a question (Christine had already left so she didn't know) Oh f#*k I mean oh sorry danas mum I didnt know who it was nice hair by the way, see ya sorry Laughing out loud you scared me, the door shut.
By now I am like holly shit Dans still asleep dont ask me how and I hope that's it, sleep please just a little as I drifted off for about an hour then my phone rang u r figgin kidding me I could of screamed I was just so tired.

Shaz.... yes Marty? Umm do I have anything to apologize for? you umm weren't here when I got up and umm well last night I cant quite remember if you know I umm said or umm did anything?
ME- Well if you dont call dry humping me in the lounge room something than I spose you safe. Marty- Oh F*#k Umm Oh Shit oh Geez um holy shit Shaz I'm sorryDid I Really??????
Me- Nooo you idiot, U were fine, I just couldn't sleep so I went to Dans I am here now and I will be over later tell Lyndell I couldn't find a pen to write a note to say where I was going and I will talk to you later.
Marty- Shit shaz I was worried. R u sure your okay?
Me-Yes honey I promise all is well.

Well that was it, it was now like 10 am and I got up there was no hope after that, so I cleaned up Christine's spilt coffee, made myself a green tea and decided to have a shower make dan get up and get ready so we could start our day and go see my sister.
We arrived at Kels and she opened the door, only to fall into my arms in an all too consuming emotional state of tears and sobs. Her hubby is working away for the first time and I am now an hour away so she is lonely and misses me but Chris had just gone back after a weekend home so she was a little emotional. She recovered and we hang out for a while until dan and I decided to go and get some naughty food and do a little shopping.
My god daughters wedding is in a few weeks so I thought id have a look around for the girls for something new to wear. Then Dana decided we where to go to the aunties and get a copy of the will.......................Mmmmm I was apprehensive to say the least. I felt sick and started to panic at even the thought of confrontation but that will have to wait till tomorrow as I just cant sit up any more maybe a massage or something but this pain is rediculous now and I wont accept it willingly.
Thank you for your support but for gods sake stop being so sweet you have me in tears daily with your love and its not helping my toughie front. lol. Just kidding you make my day every day.


Injection Day Tomorrow so I want to be past this, before that, it seems to never end but I know it is going to and it will be worth it in the end.

By the way I have a problem at the moment I am totaly addicted to porridge breakfast lunch and tea, Damn I cant get enough. How weird is that? Is it fattening? I dont think its got a whole lot of nutrition but I just have to have it. So I am oh well.


Thank you My Friends :)

Until tomorrow.....

Peace and Health to All xxx

7 Comments:

At 12:19 am , Blogger sandy said...

Wow, that was fun to read and poor poor Marty, hahahaha. It sounds so far like you enjoyed your trip and other than a few spilt cups of stuff it went well..

That photo is gorgeous.

You describe pain good. I've always been bad at it.."It's like..you know...when you ...and ...

It makes it easier to understand what you mean when you put it the way you did.

anyway...very good read.

sandy

 
At 12:46 am , Blogger Walker said...

LMAO @ Marty

The pain sounds hard to bare and you are a strong person to still push through it and enjoy yourself and maeke other happy.
Well except Marty thet it LOL
You should have just told him he has to marry you now after what he did.

That is a great picture.

Have a nice day

 
At 4:37 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Yes Shaz...love reading your stories. Hope someday you will print and bind these daily posts. It will be your legacy.
The pain....oh honey....the pain. How my heart breaks for you and if I were closer...I would ask if I could come and just hold you in my arms as I did Jill.
Love you forever.

 
At 6:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet you, you tell a funny story! I will thinking about you and hoping for less pain and more peace.

Love you,
J
xoxoxo

 
At 8:03 am , Blogger awareness said...

that was hilarious! I can completely picture the scenes.....

OK......it's now Friday in Oz, right?

Here's your Friday smile......

Last year around this time, I was feeling out of sorts and pale, pale, pale....a big reunion thing was in the plans for end of May. I decided I wanted to try a tanning salon...had never been before. Every young woman in my office has, and they all had helpful tips. So, off I went to try it out. I felt like a neanderthal because the tanning cuties who work there...all blonde and buffed looked at me like I was an alien because I admitted I didn't know what a tanning bed even looked like let alone the procedure. So, they "held me hand" and took me downstairs to the place where the little rooms are, set the timer for uncrispy and left me alone. All of sudden, I find myself lying naked in between bright lights in a claustrophic coffin like thing totally creeped out realizing that no one even knew that I was there......stupid thoughts like.....what if the fire alarm goes off....went through me head.

I survived....and went back to my office and told the girls. They laughed at my description, but then warned me that the next time I go, I must cover my nipples because they burn quickly and when that happens it really really hurts... so I told them I would take care of my "unpierced" nips.

So, back I go a couple of days later. Small towel in hand, I lay down on the tanning bed (oh, I brought my music this time too, which completely took away my claustrophic panic). When I went to put the towel across my chest to protect the precious nips, I noticed that it was completely unnecessary.

WHY you ask?

Because due to nursing my babies, my boobs were so frigging droopy that the NIPS were protectively tucked under my armpits, never to see the light of day OR the light of a tanning bed.

I went back to my office and informed my perky breasted co-workers that I had no worries in that area.....they laughed their asses off. I just warned them that their time will come :)

Did I make you laugh, Shaz?? Hope so..... :)

take care......

 
At 9:31 am , Blogger Harmony said...

Poor Marty....Its a bitch when you're legless and you just know you did something you shouldn't have but you can't remember what??? I would have strung him along a bit longer but then I'm a bitch and you're not.

Today is Friday and I hope your injection won't make you feel any worse than you already do. You know how I feel about you so I'm not going to make you cry by telling you.

If a rubbed a bottle and a genie came out I would wish for a pain free, healthy Shaz....

 
At 10:41 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

What a story!! You had a bit of fun yanking Marty's chain! I'm glad you have such good friends. xx, deb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home