Monday, April 30, 2007

Gratefull for...........................

Okay here I am no hair. No pretense nothing to hide behind except a little fringe at the front.
I am not feeling chic or refreshed nor do I feel glamorous.
The last few days have taught me its only hair though.
When you cant get out of bed you have a little time to reflect.

Good things come to those who wait and I believe the harder the journey the more appreciation you receive.

You can decide to wallow in self pity or be grateful for what you have.
I am the latter.
I am so grateful that maybe not to today but maybe tomorrow I will get up and out of bed without pain..
I can still walk even if I am weak, others will never have the strength to take that step.
My head hurts when I open my eyes and the world is blurry but I am grateful because maybe not today maybe tomorrow I will see clearly again others may not.
My hair is gone now but maybe not today but soon it will grow again.
I have memory lapses now, my body aches my hands quiver and the bathroom is all mine and I am grateful.. It will get better, for some it may not

I have hope of a long life and healthy future others don't and so for that I am grateful.

I have never been one to say why me, oh whow is me. I am a get up and get on with it kinda girl. Don't stress about what you cant change, just do your best in what ever situation your thrown in to I wouldn't be given something i couldn't handle.
This hasn't been thrust upon me by my being a bad person.
Bad things happen to good people in which they have no control, acceptance of this and doing your best is sometimes all you have.

To me....... I can see the sunshine through my window in the morning and the light of the moon after the sun goes down.
I can hear the footsteps of my girls up the stairs and the warmth of their hug as they hold me in their arms. Each night I lay in the arms of the man I love while he sleeps feeling his heart beat alongside mine beating as if their one.

I am grateful for small mercies.

Peace and Health All XXXX


"...be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises."(Hebrews 6:12)

17 Comments:

At 3:19 pm , Blogger Steve said...

Did i ever mention I have a fetish for backs?

 
At 6:58 pm , Blogger Steve said...

freckles are good ;-}

 
At 11:49 pm , Blogger claireylove said...

Wise words Shaz and I wish you peace, love and happiness as ever, sweetie. You're an inspiration :)

Hugs xoxo

 
At 12:38 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Love the picture..and the wisps of hair on the back of your neck. You are "sunshine" to me when I read how you handle all the difficulties in your life.
Love the Hebrew verse..!

Love, Prayers, and smiles.

 
At 12:51 am , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Shaz .... you continually amaze and inspire me.

 
At 12:57 am , Blogger JP (mom) said...

You have a beautiful soul and are truly a gift to those around you. Lots of love sweet sistah ... thanks for the laughs last night! xx, deb

 
At 1:10 am , Blogger sandy said...

I like your spirit, Shaz.

sandy

 
At 2:48 am , Blogger Claire said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful woman, hon.

Cxx

 
At 5:49 am , Blogger angela said...

I like the short hair, those little wisps of hair are very appealing...
Love your words and the verse.
Hugs,
Angela

 
At 6:01 am , Blogger Alison said...

Love the short hair! I know what you mean about not feeling glamorous or chic or refreshed- I didn't feel any of those things when I cut mine off. I miss it- my long blond hair- it made me feel pretty.

I give you peace and strength girly! :)

 
At 6:38 am , Blogger Vanessa said...

with its clever perspective, your photo shows us 2 sides of you but i still feel like i can't see you! i need to see your lovely eyes for that :)
the haircut is soft and lovely and i like it :)
but most of all your strength and selflessness is admirable and awesome and i dig you a lot :)
love ya mamma,
Vx

 
At 3:00 pm , Blogger Deb R said...

I think you're beautiful.

 
At 3:33 pm , Blogger Footpad said...

Hang in there...we're pulling for you!

-- f

 
At 12:24 am , Blogger Kristen said...

i know it might not help you out to say it, but truly, i love the way your hair looks. it's beautiful. the wisps toward the bottom are divine. and i love the picture that you took to show it off. all i see is a beautiful person.

 
At 8:42 am , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

As always your words are spot on.
I think your hair looks stunning!
Love and hugs
Bx

 
At 9:04 am , Blogger Walker said...

I love your possitive attitude and strenth.
Nice shoulder to "wink"

Take care

 
At 12:52 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweet you. I know you don't like short hair, but it looks really really cute....and your health...oh goodness, you are remaining so positive despite all that you are going through and I have to tell you that I just don't know if I could/would be so strong. As always, I am in awe of you sweet beautiful lady. You are a hero...and don't you ever ever forget that.

Love to you...xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home