Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday BLaHHHHH






Friday again there is nothing worse than feeling like shit and then knowing by the end of the day your going to be worse and there's nothing you can do about it.


Injection day: it is the injection that lowers my white cell count so to say I am a little apprehensive given my results is an understatement. The tablets that I take if they were to be a problem would affect my platelets which they are not so I am over the moon about that. Its just hard to physically inject something into yourself that makes you sicker. My right hand side of my neck is huge and so my head hurts my ear aches and cringe at the sound of anything louder than a whisper. I am not writing this to make any one feel bad nor for a sympathetic edge I just need to remember a year from now the shitiness of it all and be grateful for how far I have come. I have to admit that some times it pisses me off. I have tried to remember the last time I felt really really well. Without being over dramatic I actually cant. It has been more than 10 years easily and that is such a long time. I do have great days but only compared to the worst of days, not compared to feeling really well and healthy or what I consider normal. Normality in a healthy state seems so far out of my reach at the moment and maybe I am just having a moment but I am getting older, I have missed out on a lot although experienced plenty. I just want to be able to do some of the things I have always wanted to do before my age and or my health truly prevents me from doing so. I want to be fit and healthy enough to enjoy the rest of my life not just endure it.


Just to mention a few:


On a brighter note Tayla's bestest friend Olivia is coming up for the weekend. I am so excited she is like my own and I adore her. I love watching their friendship endure time and distance.
I am very proud of both them, they talk, they write and they love each other unconditionally and I love that. I am hoping to have Kyle come and see his mumma as I need a hug from my big boy. He towers over me at 6ft1 but he is still my baby ;)
I am going to Brisbane Monday arvo if all goes well to see Danicka and hang out for a couple of days. She misses my cooking and I miss taking care of her, mind you I don't think I will have to do much as she is a little protective of her mumma at the moment (so cute) Well that's it for me I am ready for bed now ;)
Woops its only 11.30 am I have only been up for 2 hours Bugga!!!

A MEME cause Im bored;

Are your parents married or divorced?: My mum is a widow
Are you a vegetarian?: I have been but I am not, I do not eat much meat though.
Do you believe in Heaven?: Yes
Have you ever come close to dying?: I was dead for 3 mins when I was 15 and have had a few close calls.
What jewellery do you wear 24/7? My piercing jewelry earrings and engagement ring also my toe ring.
Are you eating?: I am about to
Do you eat the stems of broccoli: Absolutely
Do you wear makeup?: When I go out
Would you ever have plastic surgery?: Not sure, I never say never
What do you wear to bed?. Nothing I hate clothes I get tangled up.
Have you ever done anything illegal?: Yep
Can you roll your tongue?:Yep
Do You have a boyfriend or girlfriend?:Yep
Do you believe in Abortions?: Mmmmm thats really hard depends on circumstances.
What is your Hair colour?: Blonde

Future child’s name, boy and girl?: I have four
Do you smoke?:Not any more
If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?:Africa
Do you sleep with stuffed animals?: Sometimes
If you won the lottery, what would you do first?: Go to the states and visit Deb
Gold or Silver?: Gold
Hamburger or hot dog?: Hamburger.
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?: Bananas
City, beach or country? City to party, Beach to relax, country to live
What was the last thing you touched?: My ear, its aching (other than keyboard)
Where did you eat last?: Porridge and Bananas
When’s the last time you cried?:Yesterday
Do you read blogs?:Daily
What colour are your pants? assuming I am wearing them? will be brown;)
Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?: absolutely what fun.
Ever been involved with the police?:Umm a few times
What’s your favourite shampoo/conditioner and soap?:American Crew and oatmeal soap
Do you talk in your sleep? Way too much apparently
Ocean or pool?: Ocean unless its my private pool and I am skinny dipping.
What’s your favourite song at the moment:Too many
Have you ever had a cavity?:2 when I was 10
Window seat or aisle seats?:Depends on how long the trip is but window.
Ever met anyone famous?:Quite a few by accident.
Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life?:Each time I look at my children yes
Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? twirling is the only way.
Are you self-conscious?:Yep
Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?:Too many times.
Last gift you received?:Flowers from Deb
What occasion did you receive your gift?:I was unwell and she was thinking of me.
Just because. Last thing you spent lots of money on?: Do you call $ for a facial lots I had never had one and it was amazing.
Where do you live?:Eumundi
Last wedding attended?:Bens Auntie.
Favourite restaurant?:Oshin (Japanese)
What is your favourite kind of car?:Landcruisers
Person on your mind?:Ben's Dad
What’s your least favourite chore(s)Mopping just like Vanessa
Favourite drink?. Water then milk then Rum.

Peace and Health To All XXXX






16 Comments:

At 12:27 pm , Blogger Walker said...

I went through this with my mother and I saw what it did to her and can sympathise with you.
Being drained and still struggling to be normal is a big taske and you are brave to to even tell us about it.

I hope you have a good time with your visit to Brisbane
OH I answered your comment on my post about cactusus that might help
Take care :)

 
At 1:26 pm , Blogger Harmony said...

Hi Shaz,

I think its great that you are documenting all of this for yourself because it will make your successful recovery all the sweeter for having come out the other side.

Its a "son of a bitch" when your body betrays you. That's why I am trying to do as many things as I can "just in case". My last relapse shocked me into taking stock of what is important so I am going to live every day as if its my last. Thankfully my bad times may never strike again, such is the nature of MS. That is what I hope for and as far as I'm concerned that is how it will be.

You are beautiful and kind and way too precious for anything bad to happen to you or should I say anything worse than it already is. So lets say it together...... we will get well and this will one day just be a bad dream....

Rest now Angel girl so you can enjoy your trip to Bris Vegas. You are in my thoughts as always. Crikey, I should have written an email...I do waffle on don't I?

 
At 1:42 pm , Blogger Wanda said...

You dear sweet lady....how I love to come and share your life, the good, the bad and the ugly.

During those years after Jill's accident, she was diagnos. with Hep.C - 3 shots a day for a year!!
She was so sick...I feel for you dear with all my heart, and I pray for you.

Please feel my love and prayers floating down around you.
XOXOXOXO

 
At 2:35 pm , Blogger Wanda said...

Shaz: I left you a message on my comments, but in case you missed it, Yes, Jill has been in remission for over 10 years. She was on inerferon (spelling???) for a year. A clean bill of health now. PTL

 
At 3:01 pm , Blogger Vickie said...

Hi Shaz, I dropped over to meet one of Walker's new friends that he has introduced us to. He has actually spoken about you a few times in the past but I have not made it here before.
It seems you and I share something in common more than just his friendship---Friday is the day I most often take my chemotherapy. I know we take it for two very different illnesses but it matters not---the side effects experienced at times from the medications are very similar.
I send you very special thoughts and will be returning to read you again.

 
At 4:28 pm , Blogger sandy said...

Hi Shaz, I just wish and hope you get to feeling good real soon. I was so inspired to read Wanda's comments....

I can't imagine what you go through...but I know as usual, your spirit is absolutely as healthy as can be...

 
At 12:38 am , Blogger Claire said...

Sending love and peace your way sweetheart. You are so strong and so brave.

Cxx

 
At 3:04 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and sending you peaceful and healing thoughts, as I know the next few days will be rough.

Oh, how I wish that I could snap my fingers or wiggle my nose and give you back your regular "feel good." You are on your way, and when that day comes, it will be the biggest celebration ever.

In the meantime, I celebrate who you are and your bravery and beauty.

Big love and hugs sweet you.

J
xoxoxoxo

 
At 8:22 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, that it's been so long since you've felt good. And I always enjoy reading memes - getting to know bloggy friends better. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

 
At 11:05 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Hey girlfriend....just had you on my mind this afternoon. Hope you are feeling better today.
Love, Hugs, Smiles and Prayers.

 
At 3:07 pm , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

I hope you are feeling better today my love...
And I *love* your memo...
Talk soon I hope.
(hugs)
Bx

 
At 12:30 am , Blogger angela said...

I'm hoping you feel a little better now...so rotten not to feel well, I know.

Your meme: I really enjoyed it. It's always good fun to know more abouteach other.
Hugs,
Angela

 
At 12:52 am , Blogger Wanda said...

I enjoyed your meme too. Hey, so you like my "short-perky do". Have a good day...((((smiles))))
XOXO

 
At 3:38 am , Blogger JP (mom) said...

That's the first thing I'd do if I won the lottery to - get on a plan and visit you! (I'm still buying tickets by the way!)
Hope the neck settles down and those white cells increase ... sending you heaps of prayers and love dear sistah.
xxxxx,
deb

 
At 4:40 am , Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm hoping that this week's injection ordeal was milder than most, honey and that you're feeling ok. So brilliant that you're travelling to be with you big girl for a few days :)
Cool meme. As for the mopping, I?m serious, I'd do anything to get out of doing it (and usually do ;)!!!
Love ya,
Vxx

 
At 1:22 am , Blogger Mindy said...

whew....you are and amazing and inspiring soul. wishing you wellnes and light and laughter :) hugs to you. xo, mindy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home