Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday..........Early Needle

Its Thursday...I have had my needle a day early as I have to go back to Brisbane to look after my nieces on the weekend as my lil sis is going to a wedding in Rockhampton so she flies out early Saturday morning and is back Sunday. So I figured if my needle was done a day early I can get past the yuk so I'm not a nasty aunt to my gorgeous girls.
(I get a little impatient when I am unwell) I don't want to project that on to the girls. My girls will be there to help out and Dana is around the corner if I need her.

Kym and Ray are here (Ben's mum and dad) so that's wonderful, they are a very precious spiritual and loving influence in my life and I feel our relationship is ordained by a higher power and most definitely meant to be, as is the relationship I have with Ben.

Well I had my rum and coke can while watching the footy but only got about half way through even after 80mins but it was nice to feel normal as I have never watched a game without a drink unless I was pregnant of course.

Well I made a huge massaman beef curry for dinner and I am going to enjoy my time with my Family, after my last twist in my brisy visit.

Well my last day in Brisbane wasn't as eventful for me as it was for Kel (sis) she has been unwell with an unknown ailment since her last bub was born. She is being treated for vertigo but she has turns sort of like a black out or a fit or something they don't know. She doesn't fit in the normal sense she tends to just sit flop and stare into space for a period of time with out blinking or moving. Anyway we are used to this happening and so it doesn't scare either of us any more and we kind of get through by making fun of the situation its an Aussie thing to pay out on stuff that may scare us or be upsetting. So when we drove into the city to buy a dress for the wedding that I had spotted the day before. Kel couldn't drive in so I decided to take her as I knew the dress would be perfect for her. All was well until the only way out of the damn car park was the lift, there are no stairs I think thats so bizarre but anyway we took the lift and kel was instantly dizzy she had left her vertigo tablets at home of course so she was feeling a little woozy. We walked out into the mall arm in arm and up the street towards the shop where the dress was, Kel started saying she felt pretty dizzy and could feel she maybe going to have a turn so of course I head for the nearest seat and sat her down. Then she was out eyes wide open but no movement, if I was to have let her go she would have fallen off the chair as she cant hold herself up when this happens. So I continue to talk her through and smile as to not draw a lot of attention occasionally taking the opportunity to let her slip a little so she nods and I pick her head up. Why do you ask do I let her slip a little because its funny and its the only time I can get her back. lol
Shes lucky I didn't lay her on the ground and do a rain dance around her so when she woke up she was super embarrassed, so it could of been worse. Anyway a few minutes later she woke up I got her a drink of water and let her recover for a minute before we started to walk towards the shop. She then started to get a wobble up like she was drunk and to be honest I got the fits of giggles and started geeing her up, she was laughing at my nastiness when the wobble got worse and we both by now were searching for another chair and she felt she needed chocolate so obviously her blood pressure and sugar had dropped, don't panic just find chocolate, so I walk her to the little news shop in the centre of the mall and by now I was in fits of laughter at the fact that I was having a really hard time holding her up so we looked a real sight her shaking like one of those bobble headed things and me looking like shit trying to hold her up and us both pissing our selves laughing.
I grabbed a caramello Koala and shoved it into her gob while stopping her from collapsing over all the piles of magazines and newspapers stacked quite high. While we were laughing and she was shaking and I was trying to push the chocolate in her mouth, I was trying to find money and keep her upright while trying to explain to the girl who looked quite confused at us both that her sugar was low and just needed a minute but she couldn't work out what the hell was going on. Kel took another few minutes to finish eating the chocolate and then I let her sit with caramel from ear to ear for a minute while I stopped laughing and cleaned her up.
Now I can understand that this isn't really that funny to most people but you have to understand our sick sense of humour we take every opportunity to take the piss out of each other and usually do. That moment was no different. so you need to know I do care but its a coping mechanism and I am sorry but watching her try to get that half melted choclate to her lips while she missed twice and had it all over her face is pretty funny, in my defence she would of laughed at me, ummm or burst into tears with fright but anyway I laughed.

Well I will try to catch up over the weekend time permiting.

PS: If you have a couple of minutes watch this it touched me today.

Peace and Health to All XXXX

We

12 Comments:

At 12:10 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Good Morning...Shaz. I must have your sick sense of humor, cause I was laughing so hard...I know it terribly serious, but the way you wrote it....I was histerical!
Guy, would I love to spend a day with you! By the way thanks for the gardening tips...Love Ya.

 
At 12:20 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Oh Shaz, I watched the video. That was absolutely wonderful. The pictures, the words, the music.
Some of those pictures remind me of the dear elderly I visit...
Thanks! That was a great way to start the day.

 
At 1:49 am , Blogger Claire said...

Sweetie, just checking in with love and prayers as always!

Cxx

 
At 12:15 pm , Blogger Harmony said...

I love the Aussie sense of humour and you and your sister epitomise that. I have always found the inappropriate funny so was laughing right along with you. Have a great weekend Shaz. Hope the kids are good for you.

 
At 3:52 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and be well honey.

love to you
xoxoxoxo

 
At 4:54 am , Blogger Nan said...

My Oil Man always finds humour in everything as well. Laughter heals all.

 
At 3:04 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Hey sweet sistah ... remind me to tell you something about Kel's illness (I've had a similar experience with someone). Have a great weekend love ... I'll be thinking of you. xx, deb

 
At 10:52 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Hey love, you know me....I'm back for the third time....you better post something new, or I'll use up all your comment space!!

You know I check on you..You know I pray for you. You know I care!

 
At 3:23 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shaz, thanks for visiting my site!I was speechless when I saw the slide show, when I started my work in the morning.The photos,the words and the music touched my heart.I'll send it among all my friends...it's amazing!Wishing you a lovely week and Happy Best Friends Day in advance.Keep in touch.

 
At 10:59 pm , Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

I also have a sense of humor that doesn't always come across to others, so I got this...hope all is well!
--D.--

 
At 12:24 am , Blogger Walker said...

Some serious events are funny looking and we can't help but laugh.
I have a friend who has a form of epil;epsy where he passes out while just standing there so he wears a hockey helmet all the tme because when he passes out he goes head first into the pavement.
ou could count the dents in his helmet to see how many times he's bounced off of the floor.
For us that are used to it it's no big deal but we laugh as we watch people how have no idea what is going on and he has paid for many a round of drinks without his knowledge LOL

Have a nice day

 
At 1:57 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Shaz; Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog this morning. I hold our friendship very dear. I would love to hear about your "memorial" day and the men who fought for your country.
In the meantime, I'm so glad you are feeling a little better....yeah, will keep those prayers headed upward.....XOXO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home