Friday, October 05, 2007

Dribble...................


The people who love me will get me and those who don't, don't matter. Its taken me a lot of years to accept that I am who I am, good, bad and indifferent. I have accepted that I am a good person and bad things happen every day to good people and that's no excuse for treating others badly so I try not to.
Realistically I should of pursued a career in acting I would be a very wealthy woman. I can put on a happy face and put myself in any position and no one would ever know my pain.
People deal with things differently, I am one to laugh and joke, make fun of myself and pretend every things fine then cry myself to sleep.

It works for me, there are a few who see straight through me but they respect they way I deal with things. I try not to dwell on the past and remember all the good things in my life.

I have opened up on here more than I ever have. I'm very private (not now lol) and always had a fear of showing that I hurt or admitting failure in any sense of the word. I always have this facade of being okay and being able to handle everything.

And it may be a contradiction but usually I can.
I am not saying there is anything wrong now, because there isn't but having a conversation with someone who knows me very very well we talked about how we see each other and how we think each other feels and were pretty spot on with those thoughts. Its nice to openly discuss how you feel or how you felt about something when you have forgiven and that's where I am at. My problem is i want everyone to be okay and I so want to help him through his pain. He knows I understand but that is why he feels less secure in himself, because he knows me so well and I am ok and he is not at the moment but its all so raw and he has had a big last 6 years.
There is no measuring stick on ones pain and just because his perception of mine is worse in some cases, it is not because its his and its happening now. I am so proud of how he has handled things and do not think I would cope as well i just need him to see that so he too feels at ease in himself and realises he has so much to offer through his own experiences.

I can be very open about my past s has read things he never knew especially here and my friend of nearly 30 years couldn't understand why he I never turned to him or any one but I didn't and I find it hard to hear that people are proud of me for coping and that they think a lot of me.
I still find it hard to accept even though I know I'm a good person but I still feel un-deserving of some of the blessings in my life.

If I was to psycho analyse myself I would say it stems from being abused, trauma in my early years the loss of a parent and moving out of home when I was 13, going through so much when I was young and experiencing so much in my life but what I cant understand is others hurting other people and using there childhood as an excuse for being mean and hurting other people because it happened to them.
I am the opposite I wouldn't wish pain or heartache on anybody especially if i have experienced it first hand. It has always interested me to see how people deal with pain and loss, stressful situations and trauma in their lives. Not because I'm morbid but to soak up knowledge on how to pass something on that maybe an inspirational tale to some one else in need. I love being needed I love helping others and tend to get so much out of putting a smile on someones otherwise sad face.
I refer to this articles and this that I read in the news and seriously am at a loss for words.
I don't understand vendetta or revenge I don't understand people who don't smile at you when you smile it costs nothing, or they think your want something from them when you offer a helping hand.
Its sad and it upsets me that people are so sceptical but I do understand. I'm not really going anywhere with this post just having a ramble its late and Ben's working and the girls are still on holidays so the house is very quiet and I'm feeling as though I'm missing Ben already and he hasn't even left yet.

I am putting on that brave face for him as he would crumble if he thought I was really upset so I am keeping up a brave face but its going to be tough, we are together every day and the thought of minimum time with him is a lot to soak up.

The girls are really going to miss him as well but we will deal with it just like we do everything else and make the most of every moment we get to spend with each other. Well there it is, a confused mixture of tiredness and the fact that its really late forgive me for my midnight dribble.

Peace and Health To All XXXX

10 Comments:

At 8:41 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is so frustrating sometimes, no? Trying to understand people and why they do the things they do can be exhausting. And somehow we end up questioning ourselves in the process, which I will never quite understand.

You are indeed a wonderful person...and you are loved.

How was your treatment???

Love.xoxoxo

 
At 8:45 am , Blogger Shaz said...

Thanks Jen I know I sometimes just cruiseing through but all of a sudden things make me just shake my head. I know very well I dont take compliments well but get annoyed when they lessen their pain and say you have been through worse because that is wrong. If it hurts YOU its just as worthy their are no measuring sticks on peoples pain.
And treatment is going not to bad Im hanging in there xxx

 
At 2:34 pm , Blogger Wanda said...

If only everyone could turn their pain into love for others. Shaz, I could sit at your feet and listen to your midnight dribbles all night long.
I have always looked at the bright side, and the good in people, and have been through many tragedies too, because they mostly deal with my children, I respect them, so I have not share too many of those. I would love too share those feeling of mine, but that would have to enclude the stories of my kids. Does that make sense...I guess I just trying to say..I really do understand much of your pain. And my girls are very private about what I share on my blog!
Love you Forever!

 
At 6:34 pm , Blogger cherry girl said...

I for one am glad that you are not so private now :) and that you share your journeys with us and appreciate all the lovely comments you leave on my blog.

I'm all about smiling at people who I pass in the street and am glad to have so many smile back.

I know what you mean about not understanding why people use there childhoods as an excuse - my ex used his childhood for ridiculous things from teaching our boys how to pee standing up (I was never shown by my dad because he was never there) to teaching them how to ride a bike (cos he had to teach himself) and is continuing patterns his parents had of alcoholism, burying the past and current issues so they result in mental illness, and not spending quality time with the childen as his dad did. He finds it hard even to hug the children! because his parents were always too busy to give him affection - crazy. Not that I think he didn't have a hard time as a child though. Hmm, I seem to have gone off on a long ramble :)

 
At 5:49 pm , Blogger Robert said...

so glad hyou are NOT speechless *wink* oh shaz you have such depth and so much love and compassion in your huge heart!!! ramble on all you like anytime sweet sister. I also like to put on the brave face and not let my pain be seen Im talking in reallife since i DO share it on my blog lol so warmed by you and your sharing I really hope you feel the warmth i know so many send to oyu with their thoughts and prayers!!! carry on precious lady and i pray God grants a help for when ben has to be way you and the lil ones!!!

 
At 12:02 am , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

I'm so pleased you're just you - I know that facade of being ok and being able to handle everything, sometimes because we have had to.

Am thinking of you with Ben having to spend time away soon, sending love, Katie,xx

 
At 1:51 am , Blogger Isabella said...

Shaz, there are so many things I would like to say here that I don't know where to begin.

You know how much I love and respect you for everything you are and for your bravery in the face of a serious illness. You are allowed to crumble you know, it's ok to not be strong once in a while and if you want to cry or scream or whatever, you should do it. All of your friends here and in your real life will always be there for you just as you are always there for everyone else.

I didn't realise Ben had to go away to work. That's hard I know but think of the reunions :)

Big kisses and hugs sweetness. I think you are pretty wonderful but you know that right?

 
At 8:13 am , Blogger sandy said...

Hi...

Enjoyed catching up here...always do...read where you have six treatments left...but you think four...hopefully its' four..

I like Ben's tattoo. My youngest has some really cool ones. One arm is finished, his sleeve..

the other arm...is half done and in a few months he will finish it off with a tattoo of his son Cayden.

take care...

sandy

 
At 10:13 am , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Hi there sweet sistah,

Just catching up on your blog. I'm around if you can ring ... house is quiet here too. No kids.

I'm glad that you can open up some of the thoughts and feelings here on this blog that you otherwise would carry around & try not to bother anyone with. Your thoughts, experiences, feelings, joys, pains, are never a bother and always a privledge to get to share and understand.
Sending you heaps of love, xx, deb

 
At 2:24 pm , Blogger Walker said...

We all are who we are at the core and most of the time its all good.
The layers that surround that core vary at different stages in life but for the most part we are who we are and your core is all smiles and you share those with everyone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home