Friday, October 12, 2007

Wankers !!!!!

Its now Friday and the week has just flown by, not without some incidents that just had me wreathing with dis belief at peoples ethics. I have really mellowed over the last few years believe it or not I used to be pretty feisty ;) Everyone has noticed the difference in the last few months more so then ever before. I am just so calm and its not just because I have been too sick. I just have a lot of peace in my heart.

There are some things however that get me wanting to tear someones throat out. Now that my sound extreme but I seriously don't suffer fools or liars easily and I refuse to be ripped off ever again, I believe people should be accountable for their actions and take responsibility when they F**K UP. I am the first to try and rectify a problem if its my fault and I follow this through in my work ethics. I believe you should take pride in you work and offer the very best workmanship of your ability and if there's a problem and you have been paid but it stuffs up you cop it sweet and fix it. Isn't the customer your most valuable asset in business? I believe a happy customer is the best free advertising that you can get.

Not all business owners are like that and they are out for the quick buck and screw the consequences. Once there paid there money there is no care or responsibility. I came across one of those people this week, we had paid good money to do a job in a certain time frame for Ben to be on site this first Monday morning.
As the job is so far from home when there was a problem with the workmanship and we started to loose money by not being able to work we were unhappy and then when we had to pay another guy to do the job that wasn't finished I became a little agitated. I calmly rang the guy who originally did the work and explained the situation and asked if he had any suggestions on how we could rectify the problem of his work being shit. He told me to wait a second as he would speak to his worker who did the job. The man is an idiot because he didn't choose to put me on hold he only removed the phone from his ear. I could hear his conversation with this boy. He then got on the phone and lied right to me. I couldn't believe my ears and so the sarcastic nature that lurks below the surface of my sub conscious reared its ugly head and I proceeded to listen intently before asking this man was he sure this was the road he wanted to travel down with me as I am a little upset at the drama his less than satisfactory work has caused.
He paused, obviously not comprehending my words.
So I quoted his conversation with his worker and told him maybe he should consider a new phone that has a hold button so the person he was trying to screw didn't hear his plan (what a shmuck)
Now this is the reason I don't lie, One I am really bad at it and two I accept responsibility for my actions there is no shame in saying sorry and admitting a mistake that may or may not be an accident. I wasn't going to argue I just said that if we couldn't make it work out and I had to pay someone again for the job he didn't do then I would bill him for time lost and for the cost of getting some one else to do his job properly. He was not very nice about it but he knew I had the upper hand and tried to be helpful (what ever) I had to ring again the next day this time more of what he had done was not working and it had Ben unable to do his job. So I was back on the blower to this man. The call didn't go well and ended with him swearing at me and hanging up. I really have a problem with incompetent wankers that just try to rip people off and I hate being hung up on, so I jumped in my car and drove to his workshop frothing at the mouth. He was just as unreceptive as he was on the phone until other customers walked into the office.
Uhhh a change of tune maybe a little weakness your mine dick head.
I regained my composure as I seen a little fear in his eyes as he back peddled and tried to be very helpful in front of his new customers, all the while gritting his teeth. Know I could of just made a real idiot out of him by bringing myself down to his level and calling him numerous names and cussing as he did to me, instead I slowly but assertively made him squirm and I got almost everything I wanted including staying respectful with out being shit on.
Wether he has learnt a lesson or not is not my problem but trying to argue with a woman who is missing her man isnt very smart. How can you argue when your wrong any way.

The only thing I didn't get was someone to take the new parts out to Ben. So I had to drive a couple of hours to take it to him that night not getting home until after midnight. It was worth it though because I had 5 mins of just being held in Ben's arms and now he will be home tonight so I am very excited.

Injection went well yesterday 4 more injections and 5 weeks of meds but that's cool i am feeling pretty well these days. Its been great having Ammi here we are very much alike and enjoy hanging out often till the early hours of the morning. I am back to bed to rest but will catch up with you all soon.

Have a great weekend XXXX

7 Comments:

At 9:43 am , Blogger Isabella said...

I HATE HATE HATE incompetence and I really despise people who LIE and won't take responsibility for their actions.

You showed more restraint than I would have. If he had hung up on me and forced me to drive down there, I would have ripped him to pieces in front of his new customers to save them from making the mistake of giving the swine any work.

I love your spirit Shaz and the fact that you were effectively fighting for your man. Have a great reunion tonight - I hope Ben is prepared for what's ahead of him - insert *wicked grin*. The reunions are often worth the separations and I'm sure that will be the case with you.

Keep your strength up today, you're gonna need it....

 
At 1:18 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl, I am not one to cast a stone but I am the first to stand up and take responsibility for when I do something wrong---but I will take a stand on something here---no lady should always be treated with respect---sorry that will get me going like few other things---well ill treatment of females, children and animals what does that leave---hmmm not much I guess.

Separation is very difficult but the reunions are wonderful. For many years Hubby and I were apart during the week and together only on the weekend and I always said the time we had was of such quality that often it was better than the years we had been together when we lived together all the time.

The countdown is so on---take care, you are one very special lady.

 
At 2:33 pm , Blogger Nan said...

Thanks for all your comments on my site. I'm trying to get around to everyone to catch up. Hope you are well.
Hugs,
Nan

 
At 2:52 pm , Blogger Walker said...

Some peole are just to plain stupid to see their business is not based on a one time sale but repeat customers and I bet he will be not getting much of that if he is that much of a dick head.
I have had my share of that type of people and I wishes I smacked a few

 
At 5:15 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Integrity is so sorely lacking in this world, and it is a hard pill to swallow when you are intentional in your own life to live it with integrity. BRAVO to you for not only standing your ground on what was right, but doing it in a professional and adult manner.

So glad that your honey is coming home. Lots of love.xoxoxo

 
At 2:29 pm , Blogger Robert said...

whoohoo!!! way to go shazzie you gave him the burning coals and i hope they are pouring inside him like lava hehe and you did it with GRACE and TRUTH rock on girl!!! Ah and held in tha arms of your sweetheart how much better can it get?? lol hope you got the emails rest up meds and shots over soon love the way you talk in your posts too feisty aussie lady!!

 
At 3:02 am , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Good for you, sistah. Give 'em hell! I'm glad you got it resolved and even though it involved several hours of driving, a dose of Ben was probably just what you needed. Hope the two of you love birds are having a wonderful weekend together. Peace, love and hugs across the seas. xx, deb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home