Thursday, May 22, 2008

This was only a week ago we were happy smiling and loving each other.
BUT TONIGHT
My heart is breaking; my life has been turned upside down by one senseless act of a man hating woman on a mission to kill. I have had maybe 4 hours sleep since Saturday night and it is showing. The cracks are starting to appear my body is giving way my mind won’t shut down and my heart is beating so fast I feel as though people can see it protruding from my chest.

Today Ben is a lot better, yesterday we thought he may have to have more surgery but all is going well and that seems not to be the case. I left him today for a few hours,while he was asleep, it was just after lunch and I drove to the office were I witnessed first hand the security footage of the man I love more then life its self be stabbed in the chest by a complete stranger who wanted someone dead as pay back for what I am presuming to be all the pain in her pathetic useless life.
I watched this woman receive conversation, time and respect right before she shoved a 6 inch serrated steak knife into my Ben's chest. He was unsuspecting of the motives of this woman and the look of shock and dismay on his face will forever haunt me.


In saying this he remained calm composed and lucid, he told his friend to grab this woman as she walked away smiling while Ben instructed him that she had just stabbed him. He then steadied himself took his radio from his belt called a code red and asked for an Ambulance informing another guard he had been stabbed, he then proceeded to put his radio back on his belt and started to walk towards the guards who were frantically running to his aid and trying to keep the crowds away.


I am amazed at his calmness and so proud of his strength. I watched it over and over and over again. It was so quick and there seemingly was no threat from this woman until she did it. The knife was in her hand and her hand in her bag as she approached him. She was ready but so calm in her actions. He didn’t stand a chance there was no warning and no indication of her intentions. It is still so raw, so surreal and so frightening to think that this one person could have taken him from us in no less then the blink of an eye with no reason or provocation.
The boys have been amazing, there level of support endless and I will be forever grateful for his true mates as they surely saved his life.


It’s my first night home to actually sleep as I need to stay strong for the days and weeks ahead but he guilt of not being by his side is over whelming. My kids are holding their own but there devastation is evident.


I am strong but the feeling of how close I came to never holding him close, never kissing his lips, never hearing his voice, and the vision of that knife in his chest as they wheeled him into emergency makes it hard for me to close my eyes.


How do I do this?

13 Comments:

At 12:37 am , Blogger Kristen said...

Thank you for updating us on how Ben is doing. I've been sending prayers, light, strength, and healing to all of you. I'm glad you are getting a little bit of sleep so that you can stay strong.

 
At 1:12 am , Blogger Walker said...

It's a tough job having to protect other people from NUTS and Ben took it for someone else because if she would have gotten is who knows how many unsuspecting people couldhave been hurt by that duranged woman.
Do they have death by crocadile there, just asking.

I hope he improveds quickly and you, you got to get some rest yourself.
You've come off of a long year of treatment yourself.
Beside's he'll need a healthy nurse when he gets back home to you.

You may need a nurse's uniform but I wouldn't be surprised if you had one :)

 
At 6:45 am , Blogger Disillusioned said...

One step, one day at a time is how you do it. It is hard, but you are strong. And he will be OK.

Look after yourself too, remember.
Prayers continuing.

 
At 12:42 pm , Blogger Karen said...

Geee Shaz,it's hard for any of us to comprehend this happening, I can't even begin to imagine how your mind must be rejecting it even when you watched it happening for yourself.

Thank goodness Ben is a healthy strapping young man and will recover from this, physically at least. Walker is right, you must try and rest so you can take care of him when he comes home. Uou'll feel a lot better about everything when he is safe and sound at home with his family.

Thinking of all of you at this terrible time Shaz.

 
At 6:54 am , Blogger awareness said...

Shaz!!

I'm sorry I've been out of the loop! OMF! One day you're receiving such wonderful wonderful news (tears and joy on this end for you. Thank God) and then the next day poor Ben gets attacked.

Sweet Jesus!!

Love to you and Ben and know that I'm right there praying for you both. Life is such a bag of tricks isn't it? I mean, really!

What is it all about? Why can't there be just one frigging week in our lives when shit doesn't happen??

Love to you both........xox

 
At 12:35 am , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

I have been thinking of you all so much - I don't have a clue how you keep on - but we do, you do and you will....
life is so precious. I am so pleased he is improving...
holding you in love across the miles... and sending prayers,
Katie
xxx

 
At 1:55 am , Blogger JP/deb said...

Sending prayers to you and Ben and the kids ... this is SO senseless and unfair. But you will get through ... it is another challenge in the life of a woman who has faced down much adversity. Sending you love, prayers and more love. xx, deb

 
At 7:43 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG ...prayers for you all!

sandy

 
At 7:04 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Shaz; Thanks for the update, could not see the whole post, something about a plug-in required... He is a strong man and he will get better. You must take care of yourself, so he will have a healthy nurse to assist him when he comes home from the hospital. sending many warm thoughts, HUGZ and prayers for you and Ben! love, poet.

 
At 12:52 am , Blogger Robert said...

Ben is just incredible shazzie reading how he was so deliberate and calm one day one hour at a time praying and hoping for the best in every possible way physically,emotionally. I hope you can find a shelter of rest to help you deal with everything as it happens that pic says it all about the character of you 2 amazing mates!!! xx

 
At 4:35 am , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

OMFG! I am so very sorry for all of you Shaz!
Life certainly has a way of reminding you just how precious and fragile it is, eh?!
I will keep you and Ben, and the rest of your family in my thoughts sweet lady.

May you find some peace ....

 
At 10:29 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

tried to message you on msn, thinking of you and ben, take care and sending big HUGZ to ya!

 
At 1:08 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Oh Shaz, thanks for the update, I was gone a few days, and just caught up on Ben.
What a brave man you have. You have both been through so much. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
I so pray for a full recovery and justice for the woman that did this terrible act of hate.
Love and Hugs,
Wanda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home