Thursday, November 30, 2006

Good Memories...........

Well whether I like it or not its officially xmas in our house, the girls couldn't wait until Sunday and they have the tree up and lights flickering. I must admit I'm loving it. I remember when I was little my Dad and I always did the xmas decorations. Inside our house was covered in tinsel from corner to corner hanging from the ceiling stars and decorations swaying in the breeze giving the ultimate feelings of a joyous time to come. Its funny I have only just now remembered that (good memories)
Our xmas's were always huge with a lot of friends and family gathering and enjoying the fun. My mum still finds it strange that I can remember my second xmas ever I was only 1 1/2 and I described everything from who was there to what I received. We lived with my Nana then, actually up until I was 4, leaving her and moving away was extremely difficult for me as we were so very very close and I can still remember how I I hid from them in the hope that they would go and leave me behind. I did what any normal kid who didn't want to leave would do. I climbed up and on to the roof of her house. I wasn't leaving my Nanny come hell or high water. You could imagine the fear and devastation going through their minds as they looked and called but couldn't find me any where I was a wanderer and enjoyed exploring the world around me. (I still don't know how I got up there) but I do remember the police and then the fireman getting me down(eventually) Woops I was in trouble. I know how awful that must of been for them (now). I was like a monkey as a kid I climbed everything fences trees in and out windows what ever or where ever. I loved the feeling of being so high and looking at the world through the eyes of the birds that I admired so much. It got me into trouble a few times.
I wanted to fly so badly, just as I did in my dreams and was sure that if i tried and concentrated really hard I could do it (I thought I could anything and I had no fear)
I had a little friend his name was Jason he lived behind my nans and was the last and only boy of 11 girls so as you could imagine, the apple of their eye. I was always wandering off visiting the neighbours stealing kittens and puppies and hiding under the church with them. I was a little naughty now that I think about it. Any way I told Jase I could fly and if he held my hand he would be able to fly as well. SOoooooooo we climbed to the top of the slippery slide and 1-2-3 jumped obviously falling face first into the ground, that was my first ambulance ride (his to)
And the last time he was allowed to come and play with me for a long time.
I had a broken leg and he had a broken arm. I still remember my cast and my poor mum carrying me everywhere (until I got used to it anyway)
She thought that she could at least relax for a little while she thought it would stop me from climbing and wandering off at least for a little while. Well needless to say she was wrong. I was an adventurer and a silly cast wasn't going to stop me from having fun. We had a huge mulberry tree in the backyard and the very top was always my favourite spot, it was a huge effort but I made it and I was happy eating and becoming very purple with all the mulberries (the best were at the top) the only problem was my cast got caught in a fork of the branches and my poor nan was the only one home, hence I have a real thing for firemen (giggle)
I still love being high, top floors, roofs and trees, I don't actually climb very much anymore for obvious reasons but I do love heights and the different perspective you have looking down on the world beneath.
This xmas is the first xmas in many many years that my mum my children and I will all be together at xmas and I am so excited.
Forgiveness is the gift I have given myself this year.
Because of this my mum and I will enjoy many more good times together reminiscing about the good times and feeling blessed that we have made it through and put the past were it belongs. My heart doesn't have the energy to hate and hurt anymore.
Bens parents and little sis will be the final icing on the cake as I love them so much they are a huge blessing in my life. I have spoken of them before My Aldente' Pastors amazingly beautiful and soulful people.

So it may be early but Merry Merry Christmas
Health and Peace x

7 Comments:

At 11:42 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i might have to get some of those yellow pants with the red suspenders... but i will have to use the front door not the window (not a fan of heights)to rescue you....Ben

 
At 1:58 am , Blogger Shaz said...

You have already rescued me my sweet babe. But the yellow pants and suspenders well..... im not in a burning buiding building but you have definately lit the fire in my heart and it will forever burn bright for you.
P.S The thought of you in those yellow pants definately make me hot so i may need you to help me out with that. (smile)
I love You, The MOST.........Ha xx

 
At 3:47 am , Blogger Darlene said...

You ae SUCH a love!
AND I just want to hug you really hard, but gentle.... Shaz

love to you
xox darlene

 
At 4:37 am , Blogger Shelby said...

Kids are too funny .. very sweet!

 
At 9:18 am , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

You are still a little monkey.
What a beautiful child you would have been... we would have been mischief pals for sure!!

You will have a wonderful Chrissy babes... just beautiful.

Only about... 36 more sleeps till I see you again. WHooohoooo!

((hugs)) and kisses to you and yours.
Bx

 
At 3:09 pm , Blogger Deb R said...

Wow, I loved reading about your childhood adventures!! But it made me glad I wasn't responsible for watching out for your safety at that age. :-D

Early-ish Merry Christmas wishes right back atcha, Shaz.

 
At 4:54 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry merry Christmas right back to you honey.

Well, now we know where you get your positive thinking from sweet you. You know you can fly....and in this case figuratively. I have great faith that you always will.

This was lovely...you are lovely.

xoxoxoxoxxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home