Saturday, July 21, 2007

In Memory


Is this the biggest zucchini ever? I am so proud of it LOLTayla came into the room and snapped my most Loyal companion Bella she sticks very close when I am sick. I thought it was very sweet that she snuck in for the pic saying I could blog it. Again not a flattering picture but this has been me for two weeks why hide it.


It seems all doom and gloom lately but I assure that’s not the case I have a powering vege garden that has survived a wicked frost and a drop of temperature to -4 that doesn’t make me happy. LOL
What does make me Happy is my visit from Amii (Ben's sister) and her massive clean up for me, my house was so yucky it made me sick just thinking about it but now it is clean fresh and tidy. I so appreciate what she does for me.
I am Happy about my Zucchinis that were about 15 inches long fat and huge and really YUMMY, my tomatoes are getting big the lettuce is crunchy and fresh the chili's fiery and the snow peas are so sweet. I am grateful for being here to see life grow and the seasons change I believe life is so precious and Nature is so beautiful I consider every day to be so precious. Sick or not I am grateful for every day.

In Memory
The 22nd July 2006: 1 Year ago On this day we lost a Friend a Son a Brother and an amazing man who lived his life with Joy and a vigour we could only hope to achieve. Due to a motorbike accident he was killed instantly in front of his brother’s eyes and a few of his mates. He will be dearly missed and he will never be forgotten. Brett was Ben's Best Friends brother and it was a shock to all concerned. On my birthday last year we attended his funeral along with over a hundred people. On that day I met his Sister my beautiful and talented friend Bek (my soul whispers)

My birthday last year wasn’t celebrated the way we thought it was a day were we remembered a great guy and I made a new and amazing friend amongst tragedy.My heart goes out to Wade and his fiancé Bek, his dad Col, Bek and his other sisters Megan, Lee and all who remember him tomorrow.

10 Comments:

At 12:21 am , Blogger cherry girl said...

Wow, your vegetables sound delicious!! And bella is sooo cute (just like his mamma)
The anniversary of the death of a loved one is never something tha passes by without alot of sadness.

 
At 1:15 am , Blogger Isabella said...

If I'm not mistaken it sounds like someone has a birthday in the next couple of days!!! I won't ask your age, just the date......

I'm sorry about the loss of your friend, but even in the worst situations there is often a silver lining, at least you met your friend Bek.

Glad you're feeling well enough to blog again, you were missed.

 
At 4:12 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been out of town for a bit, and am just catching up on things. i'm sad to hear you've not been feeling well lately. add to that the other stressors that are going on...i hope you feel better soon, shazzy. i'm sending healing vibes to you from the other side of the world. xoxoxo...

 
At 6:11 am , Blogger Vickie said...

I think someone is about to have a special day soon---I hope it will be one of your best.

For every bad thing we endure we are blessed with something good--my condolences on loosing a friends and I'm glad a new friend came from that time.

I have missed you during your absence---so welcome back.

 
At 11:22 am , Blogger Steve said...

I knew you were an angel!

 
At 2:55 pm , Blogger Wanda said...

Oh Shaz, it's good to have you back. I was out of town too, and am trying to catch up...From the other comments, you must be having a birthday soon....Happy Happy! I share in your grief, and I share in your joy. I love the picture of you and Bella. How precious our animals are to us in times of need. You are beautiful Shaz, inside and out.

 
At 5:10 pm , Blogger sandy said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of Ben's friend's brother.

Sure hope you are doing better. Hang in there... sandy

 
At 3:14 am , Blogger Walker said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend, to young and to sudden.

That is a big zuccinni and I just bet you loved eating it to lol

Our pets are some of our closest and most loyal friends that feel what we feel

 
At 1:26 am , Blogger JP (mom) said...

What a lovely tribute to Brett ... such a sad loss for all who knew him.

I hope this upcoming birthday is filled with much more joy (my package will be late ... damn! Please forgive me.)

Love the picture of your protector. Bella is adorable & I'm glad Tayla snuck that photo. Still waiting for L to get our phone back up & running. Will call as soon as it is.

Love to you, xx, deb

 
At 10:25 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon
Your hair looks fine,you still look beautiful,want to talk to you when your feeling up to it.
Lots of love Pete xxoo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home