Tuesday, July 31, 2007

When the end is just the beginning

Saturday marked a rush a visit to be by the side of my oldest and dearest friend Pete.
His mum had been in Hospital for over two weeks with an unknown infection she was quite ill but everyone was hopeful of the outcome.
Peter didn’t ring me straight away thinking that he would let me know when she was home as he is protective of me and knew the news would worry me as his mum and I are very close and he has been acutely aware of how ill I have been with this treatment.
He tried but couldn’t keep the news from me any longer though and after talking to him for my Birthday I made the decision to have Ben drive me to the Gold Coast to be with them.
Things took a turn for the worse after my arrival and we spent the next two days by her side.
I don’t have the energy for details but we were with her when she passed on Sunday.
To say I'm devastated exhausted and trying to build my strength for the week ahead is an understatement. Peter has lost both his parents, a sister, a grandmother, two aunts, an uncle and a cousin in the last 5 years.
This is an end to an era and the beginning of another painful transition of a family in mourning.
I have just come home for a couple of days to gather my strength to go back to be with my friend the Gold Coast is just over two hours away.
So again my absence will be obvious and your prayers deeply appreciated if you can.
I'm still in shock and seem to be reliving the experience of her fear, her pain and those last days each time I close my eyes and my extended families anguish is breaking my Heart.
I need sleep, I need my strength and I need for my closest friend to be okay.
I am again at a loss for words that can explain this moment.

9 Comments:

At 10:13 am , Blogger MissGuided said...

Draw on your inner strength Dear Shaz. It will help you to get through your time of grief.
Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you.
Take care.
The Other Shaz

 
At 12:12 pm , Blogger Vickie said...

Look deep inside and you will find what you need to get through this difficult time---allowing you to be the strength of one who so needs it.

Grief is difficult to understand and more difficult to deal with---each person handles it in a different way but there is one thing in common everyone needs support during this time.

To you and your friend my thoughts are with you---special thoughts, love and prayers are sent to you.

 
At 1:01 pm , Blogger Isabella said...

The blows just keep on coming for you don't they sweet girl? You are always in my thoughts, now more than ever. Big hugs and kisses always.

 
At 7:30 pm , Blogger claireylove said...

sending you (((hugs))) Shaz ~ don't forget to take care of yourself too.

 
At 6:29 am , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Sending my love and thoughts to Peter on his loss, and of course, to you sweet Shaz.
Take care of YOU dear lady.

 
At 8:23 am , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Thinking of you honey.
Bx

 
At 11:58 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending hugz as always, shaz.

 
At 2:59 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Sending you love and prayers ... same to Pete. xx, deb

 
At 8:29 pm , Blogger Whitesnake said...

It never rains it pours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home