Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Faith

Horses
They are majestic unpredictable strong intelligent and loving. Ridding and grooming de-stresses me, it relaxes me and makes me calm.
I feel a connection, a trust and the gentleness when I am with animals especially horses.
I spent many hours with my horse over the years contemplating life.
I didn’t grow up in a religious house I was baptised but we never went to church, my Dad said he didn’t believe in what he couldn’t see and his only Love and all his faith were in the smiles of his family, he didn’t need god for that. My mum just agreed with dad and after the horrific things that happened to her as a child I’m not surprised she lacked faith and it saddened me that shes never quite found it she also finds it difficult to understand how and why I searched it out.

This is what I find amazing, my faith was never pushed upon me all though I always believed in a higher power, I felt it, it comforted me and I believed I was loved by it and I always spoke to it. I now know I am loved by it. IT being the Holly spirit, god, our lord Jesus, whatever works for you.
I was always interested in this over evolution because of what I used to have, for what I used to feel and whom I used to feel safe with.
I used to know things, dream things, fix things through the touch of my hands and read behind ones facade.
People from the new age would call me psychic, people who don’t believe anything call me a dreamer or a bull shitter, and other people believe I’m prophetic.
I believe I have a gift and that gift may evolve but it’s not from evolution it’s from god it isn't always easy it’s some times really hard and I haven’t always known him even though I believed in him. I do have a better understanding of what he means and how he helps me.
People ask how do you cope; easy, Faith
People ask how do you forgive; easy, Faith
People ask how you carry on; easy, Faith

Faith is an amazing thing for me and it picks u up; it carries you through and teaches you how to live in the lord.
Its funny Horses and Barrel racing, spinning and turning your horse on a dime the power the freedom the trust between you and your horse is amazing and I liken that childhood experience to my faith its when I used to ride that I pondered the universe, I prayed to the almighty for faith and for clarity and a deep sense of understanding of why I was different why I seen things differently riding made me relax, riding gave me space and time to consider what it was I could feel and the things that I seen.
I held the hand of a dying woman who was like a mumma to me and on Sunday she passed.
She was gorgeous amazing gentle and gracious and just so many things. I massaged her hands. I massaged her feet and legs for hours as she had bad circulation and I wanted her to feel comfortable and to relax.
I brushed her hair I moistened her mouth with mists of water as the oxygen was drying in her throat. I hope she knows I tried to do as she would have wanted. She told me she was scared she was just frightened but through prayer she relaxed and passed peacefully.
I have faith that he was the only thing that kept me going to be able to do these things for her.
I have been to sick to get out of bed but I could be there for her and peter when they needed me. That was a blessing and I feel Blessed to have had that time to help. Slowly trying to rebuild my strength and pray I have this strength next week to do Kathleen’s make up for the viewing.
I am by the way a qualified make up artist but this is a first for me I look forward with apprehension to make her look beautiful. I’m drawing on all my strength for this one.
Praying and Faith
I Believe i can do anything with Faith.
Peace and Health To All xxx

10 Comments:

At 11:01 pm , Blogger awareness said...

Shaz.........this is beautiful. I can see you beside your best friend's mom soothing and consoling...focused just on her and passing on your deep rooted faith.

It is always so difficult to say goodbye to the people in our lives who are the most special....they leave a lasting spot in our hearts.

You will make her look beautiful because you are working from your own beautiful heart.

thinking of you.

dana

 
At 11:03 pm , Blogger awareness said...

I don't know Pete....but have read your loving descriptions of your deep friendship with him. Please pass on my thoughts and loving wishes.....he has been through much grief.

I have always believed that part of our loved ones souls leave a light in the sky......and that the stars represent them....guiding us when it is the darkest.

 
At 11:32 pm , Blogger Isabella said...

I can't imagine having anyone more amazing and caring than you to have at your side as you leave this earth. I'm sure you would have brought her comfort and strength to overcome her fear and I know you will be a strong hand for your friend Peter to hold when he needs it the most.

You are the most beautiful Angel of all and I love that pic. Bless you Shaz for the loving, unselfish human being that you are.

 
At 1:56 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do anything honey, and you do...over and over and over again. You are such a gentle and caring soul.

love to you.xoxoxo

 
At 9:43 am , Blogger Shaz said...

Dana- I have tears in my eyes I always said after my dad passed and do to this day believe he shines down on me as a star (the same star) from above my babies alwyas used to point to the sky and say g'day to their grandad.
Its been a long week and I have told peter about my gorgeous friends here.Its so nice to reafirm where on the same page.

Bella- my beautiful you need few words as your constant vidual with me is very much appreciated.You know that.

Jen- Sweetness, I wish I could just hold you and make you feel better lately, you have been such strength for me such a long time it hurts too not be able to comfort you. You are a good and gracious soul and I admire your strength and compassion.

 
At 11:00 am , Blogger Nan said...

Never give up on your faith.

 
At 1:11 pm , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Shaz... you are so beautiful honey.
Its true that faith enables us to be able to do anything.

I am not sure if I could do the makeup of a loved one, thats a hard one, but if you want to do it I know you will have the srength.

I am so proud of you babes.
Bx

 
At 1:38 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Your faith is a beautiful, powerful presence ... just like you. The biggest gift you have to give is your love and friendship and you do that with pureness of spirit. Lovin you sweet sista. The phone still is on the shits ... grrr... can't wait to hear your voice and catch up after all this. xx, deb

 
At 2:16 pm , Blogger Walker said...

Religion and faith is in your heart and your's is beautiful as is your faith bright.

Hsve a nice day

 
At 3:40 pm , Blogger Robert said...

*Christ in you the hope of glory* that is a verse that speaks of what God does in us when we come to Him in jesus o shaz Jesus is so shining in you as you cared for that lady and your close friend peter and as you touch so many via your spirit your FAITH so thrilled God led me to discover you on here so inspiring always take good care shaz I pray His peace fills you in ways you never imagined!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home