Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Great Day but Tiny Steps

Well I had a great day yes my friends great I woke up an seen my girls off to school for the first day in like 6 months I was up at 6.30 made a cup of tea sat in the sun and enjoyed the crisp breeze as I braided their hair and continued on with no pain killers no anti vomiting tablets or anything other than my regular medication.

I was pain and sickness free.

I took this picture this afternoon and when I clicked on it I noticed a tiny ant and a lot more detail. Beautiful.

I took the opportunity to make breakfast in bed for my honey, take Kyle to the doctor and then ring my darling girl Bek (who only has 3 weeks to go until her bubba arrives) and we talked for about an hour giggling and catching up on the past month or so of gossip.If that had been the end of my day I would of been Happy but I was on a roll. We have just changed banks soooooo we got dressed and headed off to pick up cheque book, cards ECT when the door of the bank opened. I got a big smile then a scream from the woman pushing a pram out the door before us. I looked at Ben, smiled thinking oh my god whats this weirdo doing and then screamed as well it was my girlfriend I haven’t seen for 3 years whom I have known since I was 13. YAY my 4th musketeer (little miss naughty and Mrs. naughty have nothing on this girl lol) Together were unstoppable and there will be good times ahead.
Hopefully Lyndell is coming for a visit this weekend as the boys are working so another Girlie weekend. I am over the moon about Aleesha but Im so missing Mrs Naughty.

She told me she was moving here in 2 weeks and I am just beside myself I finally have a friend, gees that sounds sad but you know what I mean someone who has known you since then and who doesn’t have to ask how you are she can just tell and who will only be 20mins away.

I rang Lyndel and she’s happy for me but jealous that it’s not her(I wish they would all move closer) But just think how our girly nights will be now when Tania gets back from the U.K WOO Hoo.

The rest of the day has been great I have had 1 maxalon at lunch time (no vomit meds) but no pain killers, that is a huge deal for me and the fact that I was worried about dependency after treatment has left my mind. My pain is real and I treat myself symptomatically, if I have no pain I don’t need medication and today reinforced that, it's such a relief as I really hate taking anything at all and the locum doctor gave me the third degree even though my normal doc and I have discussed this at real length because I did have concerns myself.

I am just a happy bear today, feeling well, seeing old friends, arranging a sleep over and just enjoying a great day.

I cant tell you enough what having one good day has done for my emotional well being, small tasks that we all take for granted have been a struggle. Walking up and down the stairs from my bedroom to the lounge is like watching an 80 year old woman after hip replacement surgery on a bad day and even then I have had days were I haven’t even ventured downstairs to see my kitchen so I really appreciate being up and around. I browsed most of you this morning leaving a comment which is long overdue those of you I missed I will be there tomorrow.

I hope your day has been a healthy one and I pray I find one more (at the very least) I even took some photos in the garden "Look Out shes back"for today any way.



7 more weeks and counting guys can you believe 41 weeks this friday has past since I started on this treatment, it felt like a life time in the beginning but the light is getting brighter every day.

Peace and Health To You All XX

PS- A great Thought Provoking Post from the gorgeous Dana

Take the First Step
"The steps of a [good] man are directed and established of the Lord, when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]."(Psalm 37:23)

12 Comments:

At 9:36 pm , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

am so delighted for you - and am counting down too :)
ahh yes I thought of you when I read Dana's post...
Katie

 
At 11:45 pm , Blogger Isabella said...

Just think Shaz, in 7 weeks, every day will be just like today. BUT...I do hope you manage to sneak one or two more in before then. Stay as well and as happy as you are right now my friend :)

 
At 1:44 am , Blogger JP (mom) said...

YEAH for good days!!!!!!!!! You're getting to the end girl. You can do it.
How wonderful meeting up with an old friend. Like Lyndall, I'm jealous ;-)
Sending you love across the seas,
xx,
deb

 
At 12:21 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so happy to hear this! ~ruby

 
At 2:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody Peter you've got sharon smoking again! tell her to stop.

 
At 3:59 pm , Blogger Robert said...

YAY!! AWesome shaz enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!! So thrilled to hear about your friend moving so close aS WELL blessings upon blessings be yours precious soul!!!

 
At 3:11 am , Blogger Deb said...

Hello Shaz
Thanks for stopping by my blog- it was nice to hear from you! Your news is wonderful as are your pics in previous posts ... here's to health & happiness!

 
At 10:40 am , Blogger awareness said...

There's nothing like bumping into an old friend.....someone who knows you from way back. I've had a few of those bump ins this summer and they have been marvellous.

lucky 7.........7 more weeks.....

thank you for the link Shaz. I'm glad you liked it. As I wrote in my comment section, you were most definately in my thoughts when I wrote it.

take care........

 
At 12:21 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such wonderful and uplifting news honey! I am so pleased that you had a good day AND that it lifted your spirits so much. I do indeed remember when you were getting ready to start this journey...and you are nearing the end of it. That light is shining brightly now!!!!!

love.xoxoxoxo

 
At 10:38 pm , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

& more weeks sweet Shaz, 7 more weeks!

YAY!!! :)

 
At 2:00 pm , Blogger Wanda said...

Hi sweet Shaz: I have had you on my mind daily, but couldn't get to a computer that I could use long enough to read and comment. I will be home Sat and catch up. I am so so so happy you are having a good day! Yeah, and God Bless!!!

 
At 2:04 pm , Blogger Deb R said...

YAY for celebrating great days whenever and wherever you find them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home