Thursday, August 16, 2007

Too Much


Dark moods don’t brighten up as the wind blows the clouds aside to let through the light, so many dark places lately. I’m trying to find bright patches of relief just as the moon reveals it’s self from behind the storms that linger.
I sit in awe of those closest during my mood swings; there is so much tragedy around me at the moment. I am just hanging on to my nearest and dearest and hoping they understand my struggle.
I found out last night a girl I grew up with committed suicide leaving behind her 12 year old daughter, to say that was the last straw is an understatement. I have cried so many tears I think im running out. The anniversary of my dad’s death is coming up also and it’s just surreal to think that I still look to him for comfort after 25 years without him. I miss his warm embrace and the safe place I used to find myself in when he held me in his arms.
My mum is first and foremost on my mind I have been ringing her daily putting on a brave face as I don’t want to worry her. She is sensing my turmoil and the distance between us may as well be worlds apart for me. I can’t find comfort in confiding in her. I am still her mother figure, her protector from harm, the one who has forgiven her for the past we’d both sooner forget and never speak of. I am scared of loosing her she is 70 next year and I want her closer. I want to take care of her I need to show her that everything’s okay, that I’m okay and the past is the past.
I’m rambling I know but I need to get my head around what I’m feeling and all that is happening.
I am really okay, I have let out so much that its all up hill from now there is just so much pain around me and not being able to be the supporter has my stomach in knots. I have to let go of trying to fix everything and settle for doing the best I can and pray that it’s enough.

Peace and Health xxx

PS- Thankyou for hanging in there with me.
I appreciate how honest I can be here with you all.

8 Comments:

At 9:20 pm , Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

am over from Dana at awareness and didn't want to leave without sending prayerful thoughts. The best you can will be enough... it's all anyone has, Katie

 
At 11:44 pm , Blogger Isabella said...

I know its hard Shaz, but just this one time you have to let other people take care of YOU. If you keep on giving when you are so low and ill, you won't have anything left to draw on when you need strength for yourself. That isn't being selfish, in fact, its the opposite. It's making sure you will be the strong woman they have always been able to depend on when this finally passes. And it will. Just hang on to that. It WILL pass.

If I could only be there to boss your ass around and take the reins for you. It kills me to hear you in such pain my beautiful friend. Please take care Shaz, please.

 
At 9:47 am , Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Oh sweets, I am so sorry for all of this that you are going through. Suicide is awful, especially for the poor daughter!

I know what you mean about your Ma too, so hard.

I am sending BIG BIG hugs...
Love
Bx

 
At 11:01 pm , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

"I have to let go of trying to fix everything and settle for doing the best I can and pray that it’s enough."

Dear sweet Shaz, sometimes, that's the best ANY of us can do, and yes, it will be enough.
Much love to you & yours Shaz.

 
At 9:52 am , Blogger awareness said...

Hey Shaz....you know what I wish? I wish I had a magic wand I could point at you to make all of your physical stuff go away......AND then, I would take you by the hand and we would embark on the best pub crawl.....from pub to pub to dance wildly and drink whatever we want.....until it was time to howl at the moon!

Will just have to dream about it right now.....and hope for it to happen one day.

take care sweetie....too, too, too much on your plate. It's not fair.

 
At 6:19 am , Blogger Vickie said...

I am glad you feel so comfortable coming here and opening up---sharing your thoughts and feelings is very important in taking care of ones self.

This is a time you need to allow yourself to take front and center and everyone else take a back seat. If you are not able to do this you are not going to have what you need to care for, support and love those most important when they need you the most.

Turn over any negative feelings of guilt you might have and focus on positive thoughts ---then you will begin to feel stronger and more like yourself---the person we all love and want with us.

I sne dyou special thoughts and lots of love.

 
At 9:29 am , Blogger Wanda said...

Don't ever stop being the real, and honest Shaz we love. That is what makes you so special to all of us.
Love and Hugs!

 
At 4:03 am , Blogger sandy said...

Shaz, so much has gone on lately with you. I know first hand (two brothers)...how suicide leaves others reeling...and in shock....

I just learned not to get too close to anybody. Sure hope you don't learn that lesson...

Wishing you ALL the best...About your mum...as long as you got her...well just love her...Mine left way too early...I was still in my 30's...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home