Monday, June 04, 2007

A few more pics of my Weekend






A few more pictures from my weekend at the wedding in the first pic I am dancing while being serenaded by my taller than I thought son. Do not give up your day job Honey you got your singing talents from your Dad and hes a carpenter, Hello?


Ben telling me I am not as funny as I think I am.
The lemonade in my wine glass does not look like champagne and shaz you cant pretend to be drunk as an excuse for not being funny. He always makes me laugh, even if it is at my expense.






Thera-Lea and I my beautiful god-daughter.
I am so proud of the Beautiful young woman she has become.
The Wedding was wonderful I just wish Danicka did not have to miss it.






Me and my BiG Baby he is my rock at the moment and always keeps me smiling.






Kyle caught the garter and Tayla-Rose the bouquet, now I know that's kinda creepy when you listen to the whole tradition thing but it doesn't mean they will marry each other like they were told. That was a face my camera wasn't ready for but lets just say they weren't smiling like this. LOL

I was in bed until lunch time Friday until I dragged my weary body up to pack for the weekend.
We didnt get the early start I would of hoped for and was unsure that I would make it at all, so the normally 3 hour trip (with stops) took nearly 5. We finally made it to my mums whom I had not seen since Christmas and we bought take away Chinese which is a real treat for her.
I grew up in this house from the age of 4 and left it at age 13. In that time I have only slept there maybe a dozen times. I am finally at ease to return and sleep in my mum and dads old bed which is now the spare room without having nightmares of bad experiences there.
I actually found comfort being in my Dads old room and even in the bed where I found him when he passed away. It was easy with Ben, knowing I was safe.
I kind of feel like its an achievement and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
I always visited but never actually slept there I would always stay with friends then go back there each day. That will be different now.
Mum tried to fuss over us and was amazed at how big the girls were getting and surprised that there manners and independence at cleaning up after dinner and making tea and waiting on Nana for a change, it was a lot for her to take in.
She is very lonely and I need to work on that after treatment. I want to go and renovate the old house just cosmetically for her and try to get her to consider selling and enjoying her life but we will see.
We left her place and checked into our Motel Mmmmm well lets just say it wasn't the taj ma hal and the bed was like a concrete slab but we survived. We were there earlier than son and girlfriend and this cheeky mumma knew girlfriend had a hangover and they would be about an hour So we short sheeted their bed put coffee granules and a square of paper in the toilet and took their biscuits and cups. Lets just say the scream from Nicole was priceless when she hit the bathroom on arrival. Then the phone went off that night with us giggling like little kids as they nearly put their feet straight through the sheet. So all in all it was a good weekend but I am paying the price for pushing myself to the limit. Thank goodness for pain meds but when I have nothing planned I try to just rest and push through and I am certainly not dancing or staying out till 9.30pm. I rested after the ceremony then hit the reception full of pills and smiles hiding my pain and the weariness of my body. The main thing is I pulled it off and had a good time. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Peace and Health to All XXX

10 Comments:

At 10:37 pm , Blogger Harmony said...

You would never guess you felt like crap, you look gorgeous and what a lovely family you have. Its good to know you still have a sense of humour, what you did to your son and gf was priceless. Good on ya Shaz, you are too cute...

Is there any news on Ben's results?

 
At 11:23 pm , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Well, you may not have been feeling apple perky, but you sure looked MARVELOUS!

You sound like you would fit into my family perfectly! We ALL pull stuff like that on eachother every chance we get!
I do so love a good smart-ass .....

 
At 3:42 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I am sad that you are now paying the price, I am so HAPPY that you were able to attend and that you had a fabulous time!!! Take good care of yourself this week.

xoxoxo love to you xoxoxo

 
At 12:38 pm , Blogger bee said...

shaz, i'm glad you had a wonderful time at the wedding...(hugs) for you to get your strength back...

p.s. did my post upset you? :(

 
At 3:58 pm , Blogger awareness said...

You look beautiful......and I LOVE the look on Ben's face while you're laughing. :) I get that look sometimes pointed my way too.

AND hilarious that you short sheeted the bed. I love that

weddings are such fun....it's been a while since I have been to one...perhaps I should just go crash one this weekend in my belly dancing outfit..... now that would get "the look" from my hubby!!

 
At 5:58 pm , Blogger JP (mom) said...

I absolutely LAUGHED out loud when I saw you short sheeted son & girlfriend's sheets (not to mention the coffee granules -- you cheeky momma!!)
Thanks for the great conversation tonight ... lovin' you lots!!
You ARE my soul sista (thank god, godesses, buddha, and any other spirtual being that wants to affirm our connection.)
Peace and love, JP

 
At 8:55 pm , Blogger Darlene said...

Doll baby...you're the best!
It all sounds like a hoot and YES the pain meds do come in handy ;)
so glad you could make it and have so much fun!!!

You're a stud, Shaz :)

a lovely stud though

loving you
xOx darlene

 
At 1:57 am , Blogger Chaotic Serenity said...

You looked great in the pictures and I'm glad you had such a good time! I loved what you did to your son and gf! That's just priceless! LOL

 
At 4:31 am , Blogger sandy said...

wow, loved the pictures..You look marvelous..and your son is a doll..and so is Ben...and enjoyed reading all about...sandy

 
At 7:19 am , Blogger Kristen said...

you look like you had the time of your life! i'm SO glad you were able to enjoy it and have fun. i'm very sorry that you are paying for it now.

the pix of your kids are wonderful. you all just exude joy! yea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home